Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah....that Seaton really is an interesting vessel. You'd look good in it, Bill. Even has 3 more heavy CQR's, and we all know how much you ike CQR's. When the name Seaton or Durbeck is involved, it's usually a no-nonsense build.

Yeah....that Seaton really is an interesting vessel. You'd look good in it, Bill. Even has 3 more heavy CQR's, and we all know how much you ike CQR's. When the name Seaton or Durbeck is involved, it's usually a no-nonsense build.

I'm still kicking my ass for not buying Mojo.

Namaste is/was owned by a regular contributor to the old PMM forum; Mike somebody I think. He was a knowledgeable contributor and I expect that Namaste is a very well built and kept vessel. Although I didn't see any mention in the specs, as I recall he had some extensive mods done which included adding the pilot house. I think it started off as a sedan or something similar.

Love those CQRs.
?????

2014 Sigo 50 Explorer Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Interesting Russian steel trawler to go with the Dutch version (trawler or LRC?)

This boat has raised my HR and BP to hazardous levels. Might be a case where you can have your passage maker and a fair bit of a cottage too. Wow....

What do people think of the European CE rating system? Meaningful or not really?

Bill: Yeah man, that boat is a compromise I could live with (and live on). Strikingly similar to your own Klee Wyck, I might add. Typically, I don't care for the light wood used in the interior, but this one is nice.

Was Mojo the big steel Seaton designed trawler?

That was a cool boat. Lots of boat. Too much boat.

Yep. File should be attached.

Attachments

• MOJO.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Isn't that boat too slow for you Don? ?

Plus I think it had a draft of like 6'.

I was sort of thinking about it back when I was looking at boats way out of my skill level. I can barely handle the boat I have now so I sure didn't need that beast.

Last edited:
Very nice boat!

Saw this in Oxford MD this weekend.

Attachments

• Dettling.jpg
    Dettling.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 89
Isn't that boat too slow for you Don? ?

Plus I think it had a draft of like 6'.

I was sort of thinking about it back when I was looking at boats way out of my skill level. I can barely handle the boat I have now so I sure didn't need that beast.

Bill, in my weird mind I was using the 6' draft as a reason for not buying. It probably would have limited me a little, but most of the distance running would have been offshore. There were a couple of other reasons that entered into the decision, but I should have bought it just because I wanted it.

That seaton was here in lauderdale, might still be here. Was right next to the yacht club.

RT, of course the engine room will be the most interesting part of an ocean going boat and I agree the YW ad does not rush you there, nor does Sigo Marine in its literature.
The video below will get you some glimpses of it and a layout drawing will show you where they put it.

Sigo Marine

You and I spoke about that Seaton at length Don and I agree, you should have bought it. :)

In all fairness you had very sound logic not to. However, since when are boats logical? Have Oliver track it down and go buy it from the guy and hang logic.

Greetings,
Mr. kw. Thanks for that. Indeed brief ER shots. 5gph @ 11 knts isn't too bad but I couldn't decipher the fuel capacity from the metric volume. What is the estimated range?

You and I spoke about that Seaton at length Don and I agree, you should have bought it. :)

In all fairness you had very sound logic not to. However, since when are boats logical? Have Oliver track it down and go buy it from the guy and hang logic.

Craig, I remember the conversation. Boats like that and Mercedes diesels have something in common. The owner usually plans to use them for a long, long time. Actually, I truly hope that the new owner can use it like it was really intended. Something I would probably never do. There is one thing I like about a steel boat. You can find steel plate and weld it almost any place in the world.

Greetings,
Mr. kw. Thanks for that. Indeed brief ER shots. 5gph @ 11 knts isn't too bad but I couldn't decipher the fuel capacity from the metric volume. What is the estimated range?

RT,
As it is a round bilged displacement boat, its range is very sensitive to how much you push it. The fuels tanks hold 5350 liters and this is about 1400 gallons. With a 25% reserve, this will take you 2700 nautical miles at 6.5 kn but only 1200 nm at 9.5 knots. She is heavy. It looks like in the middle of the range (8 kn?) you you will burn 4-4.2 gallons per hour.

Not bad for riding in style and safety.

There is one thing I like about a steel boat. You can find steel plate and weld it almost any place in the world.

The thing I like about steel boats is I am a welder and would have no trouble whatsoever fixing them myself and probably doing a better job than the original builder.

Interesting boat - actually built in the Ukraine (from what I can see from this page:

SIGO 50 EXPLORER motor yacht for sale | De Valk Yacht broker

Hmm.. Given the "issues" in the Ukraine these days - I wonder how long the company will be in business (sadly).

Definitely a higher risk investment. I suspect that if you can still get a boat built there, you can probably get a pretty good price from the Mfgr.

Interesting Russian steel trawler to go with the Dutch version (trawler or LRC?)

This boat has raised my HR and BP to hazardous levels. Might be a case where you can have your passage maker and a fair bit of a cottage too. Wow....

What do people think of the European CE rating system? Meaningful or not really?

Ah - just found the manufacturer's web site here:

Sigo Marine Shipyard

You can probably negotiate a good price these days:

Address:

Centraljnaya str, 6a Nova Dofinivka, Kominternovo district Odessa region, 67572, Ukraine

(someone mentioned that they were a Russian company - that might be true now, but probably wasn't a year ago) :).

Interesting boat - actually built in the Ukraine (from what I can see from this page:

SIGO 50 EXPLORER motor yacht for sale | De Valk Yacht broker

Hmm.. Given the "issues" in the Ukraine these days - I wonder how long the company will be in business (sadly).

Definitely a higher risk investment. I suspect that if you can still get a boat built there, you can probably get a pretty good price from the Mfgr.

PRICE: $187K

PRICE: $878K

Which would you choose?,...no contest in my mind.

That Seaton vessel is WELL DONE.,...and I really like the 'crow's nest'

Last edited:
Let's gather up 10 offshore wannabes like myself to pitch in $18000 each for the Seaton, then we can each take our big offshore cruises, get our asses handed to us, pass it to the next member, then do it all over again when out time rolls around after we have forgotten how rough it was.

Of course we will need a monthly maintenance fee for repairs and updates-- $1000 each should do it. ?

Last edited:
Let's gather up 10 offshore wannabes like myself to pitch in $18000 each for the Seaton, then we can each take our big offshore cruises, get our asses handed to us, pass it to the next member, then do it all over again when out time rolls around after we have forgotten how rough it was.

Of course we will need a monthly maintenance fee for repairs and updates-- $1000 each should do it. ?
I'd serious consider that, but I married a Thai woman is is affaid of the water :banghead: ....couldn't even talk her into living on a stationary houseboat/canal boat/ floating cottage.

What is that saying...opposites attract :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom