lehman coolant tank cap rating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tator

Guru
Vessel Name
Oz
Vessel Make
Bluewater 40' RPH 1979
I have seen several pressure ratings listed for a Lehman coolant tank cap w/ the AD overflow system. Is it 4 or 7psi?

I would think the more pressure the better but there must be a limit for some weak link. What would the weak link be? Hoses and heat exchangers come to mind but they should be happy w at least 15psi.

With the potential for Lehman engines to overheat on the back cylinder more pressure would be an asset keeping the coolant from boiling. The combination of high pressure and high coolant temps could benifit fuel burn as well.

We have Lehman 2715e's and I believe they are 4#. But call American Diesel to be sure. I am not on my boat to check right now. Which model Lehman do you have?

When the coolant overflow option is installed the part is 2C304 and is rated at 7 PSI.

Ken

Last edited:
Ken is correct. I just found my part number and rating. 7#. Apologies for the first post with misinformation.

PSI Rating

My 225HP Lehman has a 4# cap which I believe is original. Can I assume this is correct since I added at overflow tank? I'll also contact American Diesel.

Mr. Smith says a 7# cap is the correct one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom