Old 07-01-2015, 11:59 PM   #128
Grae
Veteran Member

City: Hobsonville, Auckland
Vessel Name: Nordic Blue
Vessel Model: Nimbus 380 Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisyboy View Post
Hmmmm............maybe because I`m hanging upside down on the bottom half of the earth my perspective is a little odd, but I cannot for the life of me see why we cling so desperately to the idea that our boats have a resemblance, either physically of performance wise to a working boat so beautifully described by Marin.

As I said in another thread "trawlers" are commercial fishing boats - normally with a high bow and minimal deck house situated well forward and huge aft working deck. Our IG 36 has a high bow but that's the only characteristic we share. I value this forum and check it daily but I`m afraid to say that our boat is and will always be a .....displacement cruiser. Sorry.

I also accept that the "Displacement Cruiser Forum" doesn`t have the same ring...

cheers
Hi Brisyboy,
Down here in NZ any power boat that is not trailerable tends to be referred to as "Launch" possibly inherited from the mother country (UK). They also definitely have a saloon (not a salon - that's where we have our hair rearranged). I wonder if the saloon became the "salon" due to the bad rep of saloons carrying over from the wild west in the USA?
Grae.
Grae is offline   Reply With Quote