St Johns River places to anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings!* We have just about restored our President 41 and are planning a two week cruise on the Upper St. Johns to celebrate.

We are looking for suggestions on where to anchor out.* We pull 3 feet and are 41 feet long (seems we are a bit big by some folks standards for some of the mooring sites we've actually anchored in)...we'll be starting from DeLand at Pier 44 and heading north.

Hopefully, we can get into Silver Glen Springs for a few days, but north of there?**Who knows...

Any thoughts? THANKS!

Last year,we used Skipper Bob,s guide to start and then found a small guide specific to the St. Johns which was very handy. Should be available at any bait shop/marina on the river.We spent a week going from Jacksonville to Sanford, then about the same on the return.Loved kayaking with the gators.
Jon

We on th river/ beth
Welcome aboard!
That's a beautiful ship. Tell us some info about her:) did it take a long time to restore her? Is she a single or twin?

Hmmmm, I see a similarity.* Don't you just love it?

She was originally the Savannah Lady, now the War Eagle and we don't want to change her name yet again, so I've shortened it to WE as neither of us went to Auburn...

She's a twin Lehman diesel.* And yes, I've learned to love the aroma.* Even the dog knew which boat was hers the first time she visited!

You know time has flown and I'm not sure how long we've been working on her, sad huh?* It's been more than a year (18 months? - YIKES It has been 2 years)and no where near really done.* But she's not a garbage skow anymore.* Still have some leaks and gremlins but, she's not a spring chicken either.

We've been having a blast working on her.* And just going over for the evening and spending the night.* Bob is a whiz and has done all the work really, I hand him tools and clean.* He's rebuilt both engines and the generator*and rewired virtually the entire boat.* The gallery floors are refinished as are the rails with Bristol.* Next are the window leaks so we can refinish the Starboard galley walls and the dinette.

This will be our first long voyage together so I'm very excited.* He's done many trips before I signed on, but not with this boat.* Let's just say we are prepared for just about anything to go wrong.* Hopefully, if it does we will be on the Green Coves Springs/Jax section of the river, not in the Glen or the middle of Lake George in a squall (did that once in a wounded Carver...)

I'm ready for a great adventure and many more to come.* beth

Pick up Claiborne Youngs Cruising Guide to Eastern Florida; it has a whole section on the St. Johns

Back
Top Bottom