New member, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoldEagle

Vessel Name
Bold Eagle
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 36 Sedan
Hello everyone. After several years of lurking I felt it was time to sign on. The information I have gleaned from this forum has been invaluable to me in my search for a live-aboard sized boat. This January I purchased a 1978 Marine Trader 36 sedan.
Have been slowly going through "the list" to get her up to snuff. A big thank you to everyone here for your insight. Bold Eagle is berthed at Sanford Boat Works on Lake Monroe on the St. Johns River.
Looking forward to taking her out for the fireworks show on Lake Monroe this Saturday.
Bold Eagle was named by her PO's and it seemed to fit. They had her for 17 years and only parted with her for health reasons. She has a single FL120 and a hydraulic get home system that also runs a generator. Four newer aluminum fuel tanks and four SS water tanks. Teak decks removed and glassed over at some point in the past. Lavac head with fifty gallon holding tank.
Sorry for the long delay before this first post but I felt like I really did not have anything useful to add to the many discussions I have been following. Again, thank you one and all.
Steve

Welcome Steve! Sounds like you got the sort of deal on your boat most dream of. Most of the big ticket items done!

Thanks

So far so good. Only problem encountered so far was pump for Lavac head locked up on delivery trip. Problem was new owner "me" closed sea cock after shutting off engine after docking not thinking about the head flush water being fed through sea chest along with engine cooling. Only took a couple of days to figure out!

Welcome aboard! You will figure it all out with time. Great site here with lots of information. Bold Eagle sounds like a great boat name!

:hello:

Welcome aboard . Sounds like a great boat.

Welcome aboard

Welcome Aboard! Sounds like a nice boat. Love the new tankage....of course, pics are required ya know!

Thanks everyone, will try for some usable pictures this weekend. Finding it hard to leave the boat to go home or work but will be moving aboard soon!:dance:

One poor quality picture from boat ad, sorry. Better to follow soon.

BoldEagleAdPix (1200x900).jpg

Poor quality pic or not, it's still a good looking boat!

Thanks wyoboater. Photo was taken by PO at Hontoon Island State Park last year. Strange thing is.......I used to take my Dad over there before he passed away last November and would look at that boat and think......maybe someday that could be me?

Thanks wyoboater. Photo was taken by PO at Hontoon Island State Park last year. Strange thing is.......I used to take my Dad over there before he passed away last November and would look at that boat and think......maybe someday that could be me?

Funny how Karma works...ain't it GREAT?:dance:

Did you send the $500.00 to my pay pal account to make it official.:rofl:

Welcome...hope you enjoy the Forum.

Did you send the $500.00 to my pay pal account to make it official.:rofl:

Welcome...hope you enjoy the Forum.

Your money is on the way as soon as I get your bank account info for the direct deposit!:D

Congrats, Bold Eagle. You have a solid, well sorted-out Marine Trader. The former owners did a lot with her, and I hope you do too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom