I bought a new dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
After the problem with my dinghy engine mount, I decided to get a new dinghy and eliminate the problem. *I am having problems getting it to fit on my weaver davits though. *Any suggestions would be appreciated.

img_2453_0_62eeecd97f6581c1c7ca15c8772d35bd.jpg

You should be able to go for a spin without a lot of fuel consumption.

I'm confused.* What "end" of the boat do you mount the motor?

I think West Marine sells a four person model.* The motor mounts in the middle.

markpierce wrote:

I'm confused.* What "end" of the boat do you mount the motor?

Motor?

I have an email into the weaver corporation to see which set up they would recommend for this application. I priced out getting a hydraulic swim platform lift installed for it but fear it may be cost prohibitive.

Woodsong wrote:

After the problem with my dinghy engine mount, I decided to get a new dinghy and eliminate the problem. *I am having problems getting it to fit on my weaver davits though. *Any suggestions would be appreciated.

img_34439_0_62eeecd97f6581c1c7ca15c8772d35bd.jpg
Tony, what did you do with the other half?

Don, I am on a budget. I did NOT buy the lid that the fancier packages come with.

Moonstruck wrote:

Tony, what did you do with the other half?

Wouldn't that be the lifeboat version?

Somewhere there is a cold naked turtle...

bnoft wrote:

Somewhere there is a cold naked turtle...
Now, that is clever!* Which one of you two came up with that?

I've seen peanuts with as many as four nuts inside the shell. How many does yours hold?

Hey Ken * * .....there you are. Is this the first post in a long time or have we been passing each other in the trawler tunnel. Nice to see you again. We've got many new and active members. Have you been in Brazil or what?

Eric, I took a little sabbatical from here as I wound up my working career. Now that I've retired full time, I have a little more time to do the things I want to do. We're doing the snowbird thing, moving around in the motor home and checking out all the things we didn't get to do before.

We got to experience Southern CA's rains last week, but there is so much to see and do that we just didn't want to leave to get out of it. The plan is to stay south until spring, then go home for a couple of months before heading out on the boat for the summer.

How's the weather up north?

Ken

2bucks wrote:

I've seen peanuts with as many as four nuts inside the shell. How many does yours hold?
Looking at the picture, the number appears to be four.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom