Audio Ads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seasalt007

Guru
Vessel Name
Aweigh
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
I am getting audio ads (most recent Verizon) when I go into TF threads...like the Bear, Gun, Marin discussion.

Then my computer locks up and it takes a ctr.alt, del to get out.

Is it just me?

I am getting audio ads (most recent Verizon) when I go into TF threads...like the Bear, Gun, Marin discussion.

Then my computer locks up and it takes a ctr.alt, del to get out.

Is it just me?

I would put up with audio ads if only TF would display correctly on my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S5. Chops off the bottom edge. Googled and searched all over the place, can't find a fix.

We've just sent a block request on these verizon ads as they seem to be locking pages and causing all sort so problem. It will take a few hours before they disappear. Sorry for the inconvenience ;)

I didn't appear to get them. Nothing happened when I turned the sound up, and no freezes. But I can understand it would be annoying. Must be confined to the US because we don't have Verizon here.

I'm getting audio and video without requesting and I don't have the ISP speed to handle it, so even putting a message this brief took 3 minutes to finally appear. This is terrible.

HH

I am not having any problems and I am only a fe miles away from you

No issue at all with my phone. It's just my old Mac that want to play the videos. Checked settings and ActiveX but they're the same as before.

I run AdBlock Plus (free!!) and don't get any audio or visual ads. Today I had to reset some defaults after a bogus download and temporarily turned off the ABP. Within a minute or two, I had some guy blaring through my speakers on some Verizon ad in the lower right corner. It took me a while to find the offending ad to silence it. Very aggravating!!

No problems since I reactivated ABP.

Back
Top Bottom