Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang Matt, if you look closely, I'll be darned if its not starting to look like a boat! She's looking good mate!

Lol. Luckily my mooring is a swing mooring so I can't really stuff up and crash into anything like I could if I had a pen.

This way I can practice and learn her before attempting to dock anywhere.

Made and Cut in the Fresh Water and Diesel filler neck mounting pods. Sanded the rear deck as well as the hull extension. Laid out the fibreglass cloth for the extension but ran out of time so will epoxy this on Monday afternoon. Dusty but good day.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393856.294110.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393872.528772.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393898.213770.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393932.350284.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393947.052190.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393962.553257.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393976.437191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435393993.921923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435394013.524136.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435394028.608693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435394046.576376.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435394046.576376.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 59
Matt

WOW - All I can say Is WOW!!! Keep On Going! All looks great!

Art

Some international visitors that you may recognise arrived in Port this morning with some impressive toys sitting on the flight decks of "U.S. Warship - We will f**k you up"

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565012.826242.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565097.661254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565124.099524.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565144.816922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565183.884285.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565199.518486.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565238.742667.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435565256.539826.jpg

Oh yeh and I swung in to the boat after work and glassed the two decks that I sanded and prepped on Saturday.

Too messy to take pics but y'all enjoy the Warships pics I just posted tonight and Axe again tomorrow :)

Yes Matt, Auzi land was one of my favorites when I was in. If you could get used to the drivers on the wrong side of the road, you'd swear you were in San Diego. The ships with aircraft always drew the most attention, and those are the ones I served on. But Man, those Auzi girls were so much fun!
One day, I'll return on my own boat.

You know someone else is paying when the fuel tanker shows up to top up the day tank and you buy fuel by the ton not the litre.Hey ,Hendo ,looks like you'll be splashing by 2000 posts at this rate.Come to the better side of Oz for new year's.We get better fireworks.

I notice from second pict down what you are really doing is trying to get another anchor debate going - LOL!!!

BTW - If there is one thing U.S. is good at is fccking foreign lands up... sometimes when necessary... sometimes not. Why such a U.S. force to dock there at this time? Am I missing something regarding international doings? Or, maybe, our Navy folks are simply frolicking in the fun of BIG-Equipment exercises!! :dance:

Matt

WOWZA I have been traveling and just checked in this baby is looking GREAT

Art,
No anchor debate. It's the Navy and of course they have Navy anchors. No Rocna Supremes in sight. I see Navy anchors on Craig's List at times. Mostly Dans though.

I'm supprised Mat got that close to active Navy ships.

Getting close to 2000 posts here. Has it happened before?

I'm supprised Mat got that close to active Navy ships.

That was my first thought. Seems like they'd have closed off the whole neighborhood and posted snipers. Glad you lived to post the pics!

Looks like a LPD, LHA, and a DDG.

That was my first thought. Seems like they'd have closed off the whole neighborhood and posted snipers. Glad you lived to post the pics!

Lol they have closed off half the city but I'm a Port Safety Manager at Fremantle Port and have unlimited access to all Port operations here. My job has some perks :)

Last edited:
You know someone else is paying when the fuel tanker shows up to top up the day tank and you buy fuel by the ton not the litre.Hey ,Hendo ,looks like you'll be splashing by 2000 posts at this rate.Come to the better side of Oz for new year's.We get better fireworks.

That is a waste/cooking oils truck mate. Big girls like these fuel up at the BP 'T' Head terminal from the refinery in the Outer Harbour.

I notice from second pict down what you are really doing is trying to get another anchor debate going - LOL!!!

BTW - If there is one thing U.S. is good at is fccking foreign lands up... sometimes when necessary... sometimes not. Why such a U.S. force to dock there at this time? Am I missing something regarding international doings? Or, maybe, our Navy folks are simply frolicking in the fun of BIG-Equipment exercises!! :dance:

Not sure mate but it's attracting some attention and little Fremantle is flooded with the U.S. Contingent

Yes Matt, Auzi land was one of my favorites when I was in. If you could get used to the drivers on the wrong side of the road, you'd swear you were in San Diego. The ships with aircraft always drew the most attention, and those are the ones I served on. But Man, those Auzi girls were so much fun!
One day, I'll return on my own boat.

Ah, glad to have shared the pics and helped with some good memories then :)

Art-you beat me to it on the anchor in Pic #2. But then again, I guess that sucker can anchor any frickin' place it wants to, anytime it wants to, probably runs its generator 24X7 too.
On why they are there, I think the US has been making a little show of force in the South China Sea due to China's wanting to pretty much claim the entire Sea as its sovereign water.

Art-you beat me to it on the anchor in Pic #2. But then again, I guess that sucker can anchor any frickin' place it wants to, anytime it wants to, probably runs its generator 24X7 too.
On why they are there, I think the US has been making a little show of force in the South China Sea due to China's wanting to pretty much claim the entire Sea as its sovereign water.

I think the real reason is somewhat more mundane sorry guys. We just had the carrier US George Washington in here in Brisbane. They are here for joint exercises with Aussie off the Queensland coast, as some co-operative defence deal we have, is my understanding.

USS George Washington: Nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, 5,500 crew arrive in Brisbane - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I suspect those in Fremantle are there for the same reason, but Matt may know more. Possibly purely coincidental, but I suspect not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom