We have a NAME....and a little excitement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyoboater

Vessel Name
In Disguise
Vessel Make
1985 Mainship 40 DC
"In Disguise" is no longer in disguise. The graphics were installed this morning, which, being a boat, became more exciting than necessary. I normally nose into my slip as that affords a better view of Clear Lake and the marina instead of the back of somebody else's boat...Well, in being considerate to the installer, early this am I pulled out of my slip, turned around, and backed in allowing him to use the dock instead of my swim platform when installing the name on the transom. In the spirit of "no good deed goes unpunished", after all the graphics were installed and he had left, I went to turn the boat around. Once I got totally out of the slip and into my U-turn, the cable for my port transmission decided to take a short vacation and one end parted ways with the other. So, as I'm sure you're all aware, that necessitated getting back into my slip against a slight wind on the starboard engine only...I don't got no bow thruster! Anyway, got 'er done, didn't smack nuttin, and here we are. Tomorrow, I get to start snaking out the old cable for replacement. Another day in PARADISE! I love it! So, here are the pics.

Attachments

• In Disguise Port.jpg
    In Disguise Port.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 128
  • In Disguise Starboard 2.jpg
    In Disguise Starboard 2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 118
  • In Disguise transom.jpg
    In Disguise transom.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 138
  • In Disguise  Starboard close.jpg
    In Disguise Starboard close.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 113
Very nice graphic. Bet that little incident provoked a bit of pucker factor though.

I love the graphic on the side of the boat near the power inlet. It's spiffy.

Looks good mate! Tried to stop by today but it didn't work out. Next time I will plan better....

Nice graphics. ... Glad you made it back. ... Am curious as to what's the reasoning for the boat's name.

If she's "in disguise" what is she .... really?

Let me guess. She's really a trawler disguised as a cruiser.

The wife and I are over the road truckers....In Disguise is like the trucks, only in disguise. We also had somewhat the same logo on the trucks.

Well, that was fun. Ran new cable from the upper to lower tranny controls......twice (first one was too short) got it all hooked up. Upper helm is sync'd to lower helm perfectly. Unfortunately still doesn't move the lever on the tranny. Soooo next step is to trace the tranny cable forward to the helm...."livin the dream"!

Second day we had the boat, same thing.
Our new name person asked us to back the boat into the slip, so he could a picture.

Sure, I said.

We did, only put one dent in the swim platform.

I've never repaired it, as my reminder not only do no good deeds go unpunished, but also to remind myself to make my own mistakes, not those of others.

And now 2 trannys!

So, we traced the line from the tranny back to the lower helm...and found out that in our rush to connect the new cable, we'd knocked that cable out of it's housing....so, although tinier hands would have been easier since it's a boat, we be all hooked up with TWO functioning trannys! YAY!:rofl: And Richard, I feel your pain.:nonono:

You good deed was rewarded, not punished. Fortunately your problem occurred at the slip. If you had pulled out and were miles away when the cable broke, you would have had more difficulty getting back. Karma paid you a nice visit!

Karma SORTA paid me a good visit...I wasn't in the slip, I was NEAR the slip...getting in against the wind on 1 engine was a little tricky, but, not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom