Cat trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
It works quite well. Hopefully it's good for crabs too.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1434404865.339683.jpg

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Crab bait! that's too cruel!

Crab bait! that's too cruel!

She got herself in through the main door and got out via the hole. I figured she would fall in today but hasn't so far. She's new to the boat and still exploring. Goes to sleep when traveling.

Vista is Prideaux Haven.

Jim

Great idea Jim, buggers are hard to catch. Personally I don't like the taste but I'll buy the pelt off you. I only need three more to finish the salon rug I'm making :)

if you just dunk it over the side for about 30 minutes it will be easier to remove from the trap... better yet leave it down for a week and the crabs will take care of it. Years ago we had a live aboard on our dock that had a number of cats she lived with.. had one that started using my boat as its litter box. Chased it to the bow with a water hose one day when I caught it on board during its daily constitutional. Damn critter really got pissed being squirted by the hose to the point it bailed over the bow. Last time I saw it it was swimming across the harbor.
Never had to clean up after that critter again.

HOLLYWOOD

Cat trap update: cat fell overboard but was rescued with the salmon net while attempting to swim like a bat out of hell to Japan. Salmon net has never caught a salmon.

Cat trap was unsuccessful however in catching this cat, which stood motionless 100 feet from out boat tied to a dock in Kwatsi Bay. I had walked the dog 2 hours earlier that morning pas that very spot. It stood motionless for about a minute, enough time to find the camera and get a poor image through the window. For a second I wondered of it was a cardboard cutout.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435153684.393396.jpg

Jim

Cat trap update: cat fell overboard but was rescued with the salmon net while attempting to swim like a bat out of hell to Japan. Salmon net has never caught a salmon.

Cat trap was unsuccessful however in catching this cat, which stood motionless 100 feet from out boat tied to a dock in Kwatsi Bay. I had walked the dog 2 hours earlier that morning pas that very spot. It stood motionless for about a minute, enough time to find the camera and get a poor image through the window. For a second I wondered of it was a cardboard cutout.

View attachment 41379

Jim

Your neighborhood seems to have a feral cat problem, and I believe I would just stay out on the water..seems a lot safer..

14wvm8n.jpg

That is the ultimate cat trap in favor of the cat! I would be very afraid least bears make some noise before they attack.

A couple of years ago a woman runner was attacked by a cougar on a popular running trail just east of Seattle. They discovered that the cat had tracked joggers for some time along the trail. The joggers had no idea they were being tracked.

I understand that a Portuguese dog was killed by a cougar in Blunden Harbour 2-3 years ago. Dog is now on a tight lease when walking in the wilderness areas along here. Wolves are also an issue on the beaches, and islands of the central coast so will also be on the lookout for those. Have bear spray and a fellow krogenite carries a halibut spear while walking his dog on the beaches of the central area.

I'd like to go to that Mellon Camp some day.

Jim

I understand that a Portuguese dog was killed by a cougar in Blunden Harbour 2-3 years ago. Dog is now on a tight lease when walking in the wilderness areas along here. Wolves are also an issue on the beaches, and islands of the central coast so will also be on the lookout for those. Have bear spray and a fellow krogenite carries a halibut spear while walking his dog on the beaches of the central area.

I'd like to go to that Mellon Camp some day.

Jim

The camp is nice, just got back from a visit with Jack and Diane. :dance:
The melons are great, but you have to watch out or you might just become cat food.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom