View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
RE: Your marina's fuel policies?

Everett Marina has an old and new marina.* The new marina is for boats over 40 ft and is watch/patrolled/monitored very closely.* Heck I bet if you spit in the water, you would be turned in.* Very yachty.* We spend 2 months in the new marina while out dock was being rewired.* I got so many warning about sanding dust on the water and varnish rings.* So on the big areas had my wife out with a hose.

The old marina has a fuel dock and they are a little more tolerant.* At least you can spit, and have sanding dust on the water.* The commercial dock is in the old marina which we are on and they are less strict.* Some of the commercial do take on fuel while they are off loading their caught but that is in the wee hours of the morning.* Some do have fuel tanks in the back of their trucks.*

I carry hand carry 20 gallons most week end in the winter which is what we average per week.* The main reason is 70 bucks a week does not hurt the pocket as much as 3,000 bucks in one hit.* I know the commercial weld, grind, and clean their boats so it would not surprise me if they transfer fuel.* Well I know they do as one trawler was going to pull but was filled with fuel which put it over the 75 ton limit, so they transfer fuel to other trawlers, and they also fuel their dinks/tenders.

The cheapest price is usually Kovich in Ballard on the ship cannel.* The price is dependent on the total gallons and they give a cash discount.* Its worth big commercial to that take on 1000+ gallons to make the trip.* Bellingham allows fuel truck to deliver at their fuel dock which is also cheaper.******

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote