What's your next, immediate voyage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cruising to Provincetown on Cape Cod for a week. Will meet up with in-laws on vacation from California. We'll likely do day trips fishing and whale watching.

Ken

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Nice little town. Not as over the top as I was expecting. Of course it was still early in the season.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. The Erie Canal out to Buffalo would be nice. The Thousand Islands are always a favorite. I'd really like to do a loop from Oneida lake to Albany, through Champlain, Montreal and the thousand islands. Back home through the Oswego river. Not sure I'd have time though. I'd only have two weeks, tops.

Cruising to Provincetown on Cape Cod for a week. Will meet up with in-laws on vacation from California. We'll likely do day trips fishing and whale watching.

Ken

I think we have a winner here!:thumb:

Ken

We'll make our first trip there in early August. Very much look forward to it.

July 3rd heading from Niagara Falls east on the Erie canal for 2 weeks no special plans as to where we will end up

Carolena, I used to keep my boat at James Creek Marina in DC back in the early 00's. I wish I took advantage of the opportunity to do that back then, but always managed to find myself somewhere else on the 4th. Enjoy! :thumb:

Thanks, MrJim. Funny thing is we had our sailboat on the Occoquan (about 25 miles south of the city) and for seven years never did DC. We always said we had no interest in the huge crowds and the mass exedus after the show. Friends finally convinced us to try it about three years ago and we've been doing it every year since. Last year our raft up, consisting of mostly boats from our marina and the one nextdoor, was around 20+. We all stayed the night and had a great time.

Departing Ketchikan for Wrangell, Alaska the 26th to spend 4th. Just going to doodle along for a couple of days in route. Meyers Chuck, Frosty Bay, golf a few days. enjoy a spectacular Fourth fireworks and then return. Granddaughter joining with us by air on the 3d.
Will keep an eye out for RCook! Give the Fireworks show in the Wrangell harbor some thought. As good as the Boston Pops Fireworks.
Al-Ketchikan

Appears to be a deep-Delta voyage to permanently-flooded Mildred Island for a couple of nights with some of the SFTFers after the Fourth. Should be interesting; never been to Mildred.

232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D394%3A%3E7%3A9%3E559%3E2%3A3%3B7%3A964%3A245ot1lsi

Last edited:
Leaving soon for the Broughtons on a 6 week meandering of points north of Desolation Sound. Hoping to find good fishing as we explore.

Wrangell to La Conner in July and La Conner to Wrangell in August. Al, see you in Wrangell on the 4th. We are in Ketchikan now and leaving tomorrow also, probably won't get to Wrangell until the 3rd. Look for us in Heritage A-37.

Tom

Appears to be a deep-Delta voyage to permanently-flooded Mildred Island for a couple of nights with some of the SFTFers after the Fourth. Should be interesting; never been to Mildred.

232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D394%3A%3E7%3A9%3E559%3E2%3A3%3B7%3A964%3A245ot1lsi

Remember to bring your swimming apparel!

Late summer/early fall I hope to go from SE NC up into the Chesapeake to Baltimore where my sister lives. Take her and her family for a tour around the bay. My folks will be up there too, hope to take them too. My sis and I grew up on the bay and neither of us have been on the water much up there in like 25 years.

Bay is HOT in mid summer, but as fall comes on it should be nice.

No solid plans yet, just pondering....

Voyageurs National Park for a week of cruising. Google it. A boat-only National Park.

We'll be on Rainy Lake.

Voyageurs National Park for a week of cruising. Google it. A boat-only National Park.

We'll be on Rainy Lake.

I grew up fishing, camping and canoeing there before that area was a National Park. My Dad grew up fishing there with his Dad during the summers. I learned how to run powerboats there in a 14 ft aluminum with a little Johnson. :blush:

Also did an 8 day trip into the boundary waters with 4 canoes, 7 high school buddies, a guide and countless portages. Great experiences and memories.

Don, I'm going to have my kodak ready, just in case!

I don't deserve this. My beer belly and related body parts are not nearly the largest of my contemporaries! ;) Whatever, watch out for Perla, a former photo/journalist who enjoys immortalizing others' embarrassing moments.

Last edited:
Cuba, planning to leave the boat there for 6 - 12 months to do some exploring.

Not much of a voyage but the weekend of the 4th we will have a lot of family up . Gonna get out early and try to find quiet cove . It will be four boats total and a lot of grandkids .
We put this together last night . 11 noodles linked together with 100' poly line . We hope that it will float in kind of a loop off the stern for swimming .Maybe we won't have to holler
" HANG ON TO THE ROPE " all day .:dance:
This thing worked pretty good .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 92
Well, our 4th was definitely a new experience, watching Macy's fireworks from the water. We were in one of the zones in the Roosevelt Island area. Got to the area around 6:00 pm, fireworks at 9:20, have to stay put after until the CG releases you to leave your area. We grilled steaks while waiting, watched the pre-fireworks show on television.

It was a unique experience being in the middle of all that and certainly an upfront seat. Have to hold your position but no anchoring. One of those things you really enjoy doing the one time and having the new experience but next time there might just stay at the marina, watch the fireworks at Liberty State Park and watch the one's from Macy's on tv at the same time.

The fireworks were great though, the view was obviously the best one could have, and being a part of it, part of millions in person plus many millions watching on tv. Certainly a heightened level of security. There were over 7000 NYPD policemen on duty and I have no idea how many CG members, but certainly a very high number. CG boats everywhere and very strict rules for all boaters.

I must say this though, very well organized. I compare to Biscayne Bay at New Years Eve which is chaotic, especially when leaving. In NY each group is released separately and no one dares speed or enter or exit an area when they aren't suppose to.

Now just back to the streets of the city and enjoying all it has to offer. Only a day and a half left for now, before we fly home on Tuesday for about 3 weeks.

Leaving Fort Pierce for Jacksonville with an interim stop for a few days in St. Augustine to visit with a grandson. My thinking has changed a little about moving north. I'm considering Cuba.

Cuba, planning to leave the boat there for 6 - 12 months to do some exploring.

That is a cruise that would get me to leave the rivers, please take and share a lot of pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Enjoyed the fireworks provided by the Hilton family at Mandeville Tip in the CA Delta. Arrived Wed and enjoyed the sights and sounds (Lots of sights!!) until Sunday.

img_346649_0_88b2829591b0a295a89087ee1c70d92f.jpg

Just arrived at Mildred Island with w few TFers....Giggitoni, markpierce, bligh and Delta Jims. Pics to follow.

Riverside NJ to Solomon's Island MD. Leaving Saturday
John
2003 MS390

Four days at Catalina Harbor at the end of the month. For those not familiar with Catalina Island, Cat Harbor is at the Isthmus, which is about 2/3 of the way from east end to west end, and it's on the open ocean side. This will be the first cruise for Cheers (I don't count the delivery voyage as a 'cruise'). Total round trip about 140 nm.

I'll have my son and his lady aboard plus their 3-year old Maltipoo. We'll be meeting up with a number of friends from other So Cal yacht clubs.

And yes, I'll return with pictures. :)

Back
Top Bottom