Generator etiquette ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To us boats are dual purpose. First, they're boats and we love being on them, moving across water. Whether it's a lake, river, or ocean, we love it. Second they are vacation homes. Not one vacation home in the same place all the time. But one day here and the next day there.

Now we could fly everywhere and stay in hotels, but that's no fun for us. Goes back to part one. We love boating.

You make an excellent point.
If I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I'll drive or take a plane. Otherwise, it's about the journey as much or sometimes more, than the destination.

My wife and I were talking about this the other day, and she asked me if I was still interested in looking for a condo on the beach?

I told her yes, but realistically we probably can't afford both a condo and a trawler style boat, so I'd prefer the boat.

When she asked why, I said, it's simple.
After a while, the view from a condo may become routine, and if you have crappy neighbors you're stuck with them.

If you can afford to have vacation homes in various parts of the country (not a time share, thanks), then great, and most of that argument becomes moot. For most that's simply not an option.

With a boat, if you don't care for the view, the neighbors or the weather, you haul in the lines and change them!

If I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I'll drive or take a plane. Otherwise, it's about the journey as much or sometimes more, than the destination.
!

We only drive when we must go somewhere inland. 3 times a year we made a 1700 mile round trip by car. Other than that, no trips by car. As to flying, only to get back and forth to and from the boat.

BandB,
For me the going is usually better than the destination. And now that I'm out of Alaska and in WA state the getting there will be even more important. But ther'e will probably be more interesting people. Perhaps some will remember I prefered slightly spending the night in towns tied up to a float than out at anchor in Alaska. So perhaps the door is open for WA to be as meaningful or more so than AK re boating. Definitely more expensive.

He looks like he's enjoying himself. Many enjoy rowing when conditions allow. A lot of people carry Kayaks along with them.

We have a couple of the plastic kayak's also.. I did row around one afternoon when my dinghy (40hp) was acting up and the kids were harassing all the other boats in Prideau in "their" ( 3hp) zodiac.
Still didn't find the attraction.. But I am also in the camp that thinks when they made snowmobiles cross country skis were made obsolete.
Kind of makes me wonder how I get along with the other locals in the "greenie" village I live in.. Also makes me question my "trawler" addiction..

HOLLYWOOD

Back
Top Bottom