Leaking head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinlamb

Our manual Raritan head is leaking. Previous owner gave us the repair kit and am wondering how hard it is to fix. Anyone tried it?

Not just sure unfortunately. It is clean water however. We will be back on the boat Friday for the rest of the summer and will email you then. Thank you so much for your reply.

First step: find out where it's leaking. If you're sure the water is clean flush water, disconnect the intake hose from the thru-hull ('twould prob'ly be a good idea to close the seacock first)...put it in a bucket of water--doesn't have to be a full bucket--to which you've added some food coloring. You'll see color on the pump or hose connection where the leak is, and that will tell us whether a rebuild will fix it or not.

Assuming that the leak is at the pump, it's not hard to rebuild the pump. First check for cracks in the plastic. No point in putting new parts in a broken housing.

Peggie, nice trick with the colored water, I like it.

I called Raritan yesterday for some help with a similar problem on my 20 year old toilet. They were very helpful and knowledgable about my problem. Knew which specific unit I had from the color of the flush handle. You can get the number for "Technical Assistance" at their website.

Greetings,
Mr./Ms. C. I was recently obliged to service our Raritan. NOT a big job at all. Fortunately, I had the benefit of being able to flush "fresh" water through the works several times prior to disassembly thus minimizing contact with recent donations although some minor odors were present due to accrued deposits. Parts were available at WM although, as usual, "interestingly" priced. Follow Ms. Hall's advice. She knows her stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom