What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frgeorgeh

Vessel Name
Ten Knots
Vessel Make
42' Californian LRC
Going through the mountain of tubbys and spares that were on the boat when we bought her.

Dumb question of the day: what are these? Trying to chunk all the junk!
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435000064.037884.jpg

And this? Keeper?ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435000330.870685.jpg

And these?ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435000769.412914.jpg

Hmm - photo no. 3 are sail slugs. (They slide up/down the track and the sails are attached to the slugs with a plastic shackle)

In post #1, flag clips
Post #2, Bronze vented loop
Post #3, I think they are shower curtain slides

Should all be keepers.

Hmm - photo no. 3 are sail slugs. (They slide up/down the track and the sails are attached to the slugs with a plastic shackle)

Well those can go to sailorman to my plunder acct! Not doing any sailing.

Groco vented loop - very $$$ - hang onto it if the right size for your boat

Where would this be used so I can see if there is one in svc

Look at the spare pumps I found. Might be more. Tip of the bilge burg!ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435001635.563584.jpg

In case you are wondering, I am making an inventory or all equipment and spare on the boat. Thought it a good idea to know what is here and CYA for insurance purposes.

Found a great iPhone inventory app to take care of it. Can import and export to CSV files.

This is a screenshot of one item already inventoried
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435001984.544527.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. frg. Pretty sure top items are quick release clips for FISHING.

No, they're flag clips, as others have said. They can be attached to outrigger halyards, or whatever other small stuff might be usable for hoisting.

The quick-release clips for outriggers are different. Google "Rupp quick release clips" for examples.

-Chris

Those 5 clips in the top pic are definitely burgee clips. I use them on my boat. The two on the left are rigged correctly.

Du-Bro Stern Light/Flag Pole Clips pair - Overton's

The black square thing at the top might be a mount or base for a light appliance like a light, fan or cup holder. Some of these items come with multiple mounts like a suction cup, hard mount, velcro, rail bracket, etc. The unused bases gets thrown into a drawer and forgotten.

Those 5 clips in the top pic are definitely burgee clips. I use them on my boat. The two on the left are rigged correctly.

Du-Bro Stern Light/Flag Pole Clips pair - Overton's

The black square thing at the top might be a mount or base for a light appliance like a light, fan or cup holder. Some of these items come with multiple mounts like a suction cup, hard mount, velcro, rail bracket, etc. The unused bases gets thrown into a drawer and forgotten.

Well then the square thine goes in the trash. Thanks everyone! So helpful.

I just really appreciate the help I get from this forum. I hope someday I can add something that helps someone else.

Thank you all so much. God bless you all and, belated Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there

Just remember a basic law of boating. If you throw out a part because you have no idea what it is, you will need it badly within 30 days. If you keep it, odds are you will never use it.

Just remember a basic law of boating. If you throw out a part because you have no idea what it is, you will need it badly within 30 days. If you keep it, odds are you will never use it.

I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe move it to a trash can in storage. If you don't need it in 6 months, it's trash. Kind of like having an undelete option.

Where would this be used so I can see if there is one in svc

If it is for 1-1/2" hose, it will be used somewhere on the discharge side of the a head.

If for a smaller hose diameter, it could be used on the supply side of a head or even on the raw water side of the engine or generator cooling system.

Here is a link for pricing info.

I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe move it to a trash can in storage. If you don't need it in 6 months, it's trash. Kind of like having an undelete option.
One of our basic laws on our boat is " If you leave it for 24 hours it's ours " . CDs booze , towels , food , coolers etc .

One of our basic laws on our boat is " If you leave it for 24 hours it's ours " . CDs booze , towels , food , coolers etc .

Reminds me of our Community Property rule in our college apartment. Any beer left in a fridge after 90 minutes became community property. We got very creative hiding beers in an nearly empty refrigerator - hollowed out celery stalk, egg carton, ...

I have NEVER thrown away a part that I didn't need within 30 days. By then I forgot I threw it out and spent many hours looking for it. Am I the only one?

Howard

Frgeorgeh,

What is the inventory app that you are using? It looks pretty simple, straightforward, and most of all, useful when you are at the store trying to remember if you really need to buy one of those or if you already have 5 (or more) on the boat.

Commonly referred to as 'boat tax' around here :)

Hi Father George.

When you get to the part of the Lazarus sorry Lazarette and you find animals two by two stop looking, you are ready.

Regards.

David.

Those plastic slugs for "sails" might be for sliding curtains installed in a track.

I just really appreciate the help I get from this forum. I hope someday I can add something that helps someone else.

Thank you all so much. God bless you all and, belated Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there

Dear FG - Your so quickly becoming a fully active TF member with such a laudable approach to "jumping" into pleasure boating is already a huge help to all lurking newbies trying to figure out if they too can handle boating.

You in fact are a "new boater" cheerleader... quite a help indeed! :thumb:

Frgeorgeh,

What is the inventory app that you are using? It looks pretty simple, straightforward, and most of all, useful when you are at the store trying to remember if you really need to buy one of those or if you already have 5 (or more) on the boat.

Here is a screen shot of it in App Store. I just searched inventoryImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435065500.506893.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom