View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNSlow77 View Post
I think if there is a market someone will fill the need. I am intrigued by the North Pacific or Helmsman pilothouse models. They are niche players, but that might be an indication of the level of demand more than anything. If there is a niche someone will fill it. I guess the same would be true of flybridge models. The question of whether anyone can afford to buy new production boats is another consideration. It might simply be that an affordable product which leads to broad market penetration means that North American production is a thing of the past. I would love if Tollycraft was still cranking out boats in Washington State along with the Bayliner 4788...
Well, the initial sales of the Sea Ray L 650 would indicate there are many who can afford to buy or at least pretend they can afford it. It's always been a limited number of people buying new, then resell to those who pay considerably less, then resell later to those who again pay less. Fiberglass boats have shown they have several lives. But if there's not something to appeal to the new buyers, then down the road there won't be boats available for used buyers.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote