Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@RTF
My first thought was Higgins T boat

Almost definitely an Army T-Boat. Speaking of which, has the Mi-T-Moe been seen lately? She used to cruise past my house twice a year but I haven't seen her in a long while.

MiTiMo is up for sale, has been advertised the last few months in a boating magazine. Do not recall the price but was pretty steep.

Paddle wheel pontoon . This came in this morning 25 hp lawn mower motor driving hyd for prop and twin rudders .A lot of sprockets and chains . Hyd cylinders for trimming the paddle wheel when WOT and loading on trailer .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 98
Marty,
Trimming a paddle wheel?
How does one trim a paddlewheel?
Up or down perhaps?

Mi-T-Mo is listed with details and slide show on the MTOA site classified section. I was on her once very roomy, if I rmemeber right he was carrying a VW or similar small car on the deck.
For lots of info, maybe more than you need, check out this passagemaker article on Mi t Mo
One-Of-A-Kind “MI-T-MO” | | PassageMaker

Same way you set your trim on a Johnson outboard ;)

That IS Funny as hell!! My Admiral was laughing hard as me... :whistling:

OTDE may be brought to life for continuation of this one! He never did mention about the great thick shaft his Johnson has... :rofl:

There's a lot to like about that home built river cruiser. I was checking out the larger John boats at Bass Pro last week imagining a small well appointed cabin on one. A true shallow water gunkholing machine.

How do they attach the fiberglass to the aluminum?

Mi T Mo is still for sale and as of tonight AIS shows her in Baltimore.
We looked at her about two years ago but just a little two much boat for us.
Captain Mike sure makes her look easy to single hand though.

For the "Small Boat" guys. Here is a prime example of what could be a great boat to cruise Lake Union (Seattle) wandering in and out of the various marinas and the Iver's clam sites!

Unique 16' Pilothouse Outboard Cruiser

Al-Ketchikan

You bet Art, here is another, seems the time for small yachties to become available.
Just finished the annual varnish and engine de-winterizing on our modified Poulsbo Skiff which in our family world, means summer is here. I'd add a photo but my Trawler Forum instructions may be correct, I am just doing something in error. One day I will finally come to understand how to transfer from Photobucket to the forum site.
Al
Tugboat, Tug Yacht, Pleasure Tug

We were having dinner last night at Chandlers on South Lake Union (Seattle) and saw this baby sitting at the sale dock. A steel custom build by Jenkins Custom Design. 56', single Lugger, only 123 hours on it. Don't know if I like the flat brown paint job though. Interestingly, the master SR is under the back deck and competlely isolated from the saloon/galley. The second pic shows the passageway down to the Master. Price reduced to $810K. A salty looking boat but seems a bit overpriced to me

Attachments

• Pisces 1.JPG
    Pisces 1.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Pisces 2.JPG
    Pisces 2.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Whoops-got the pictures mixed up, here is the sot of the boat itself.

Attachments

• Pisces 1.JPG
    Pisces 1.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 181
MR-thanks for that link It is an interesting hull, especially the sort of nozzle around the prop.

I read an article on that boat somewhere, probably here, but I can't remember. Lovely lines, beautifully finished interior. That helm is a wonderful combination of space ship and treehouse. Odd layout though. I kinda like the brown hull, but i'm not a fan of the exposed aluminum deck house. It kinda looks unfinished. Very interesting boat.

I have been aboard her a couple times, she is a work of art... BUT the layout is horrible... It has to be the reason she has not sold.
Not a good boat to lay around on unless you want to use a bed. It has to have the lowest exterior maintenance exterior of any boat I have ever been on though.
I think those that see it in person either love or hate the rusty brown flat paint..
HOLLYWOOD

Whoops-got the pictures mixed up, here is the sot of the boat itself.

Love her prow on the bow! :thumb:

Colorful pretty eyes with long lashes, a cute nose, and big smiling mouth full o' stark white teeth... she could become a real life Disney type cartoon character. I'd name her SeaWave! :D

What I just said is not meant to place any deterrence to her fine "Shipley" manner/design. It's just the way my mind's eye sometimes visualizes a boat when their hull and superstructure features' design appearance exude energy toward creating fun day dreams! :dance:

Tooot Toooooot!! - :speed boat:

I read an article on that boat somewhere, probably here, but I can't remember. Lovely lines, beautifully finished interior. That helm is a wonderful combination of space ship and treehouse. Odd layout though. I kinda like the brown hull, but i'm not a fan of the exposed aluminum deck house. It kinda looks unfinished. Very interesting boat.

I THINK it was covered in Passagemaker Magazine a while back. Not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom