Lunar eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColonyCove

Vessel Name
The Blue Comet
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs/ NT32
Last night the moon over New Jersey looked like a locomotive headlight. Admiral and I got up around 4am to see the eclipse. Worth it. Today is also the beginning of the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. For boaters in the northern hemisphere it marks the end of declining daylight.
Starting tomorrow, we begin the long climb back towards another great boating season.

I got up at 2:15 and went outside to take a look. I could see the eclipse but unfortunately there were light clouds over north east Ct and everything was a little fuzzy.
Yes I'm sure it was the clouds.

CC,
Yes. Long climb to be sure. We set the alarm but figured it wrong. We even had clear skies here in SE Alaska. The moon was full, very bright and was in our sky from 6pm to 6am. Sorry we missed it.

no luck here as it was overcast and light rain. have to wait till the next one. 2094 is it? (the next one that will coincide with the winter solstice)

Got up to watch but couldn't hold on long enough to see the peak! Congrats to you who held up for the drama!

Here in Calgary I experienced the same haze as JLeonard although I'm not quite as certain that it was clouds...

Missed the eclipse, but did get a taste of winter*this previous*late October in the Swiss Alps.* This is the limit of*first-person*snow-appeal for me.* So far here (central California), we've had a good amount of gentle rain and*snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains for the snow*skiers and subsequent water for*agricultural and residential consumers.
ry%3D400

We didn't see the eclipse either but we awakened this morning to some very nice landscaping in the middle of the road, directly across for our driveway.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 10:48:01 AM

Attachments

• mud slide.jpg
    mud slide.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 63
Very nice. Gives it that "country lane" look that's all the rage. Plus I suspect the price was right, too.

SeaHorse II wrote:

We didn't see the eclipse either but we awakened this morning to some very nice landscaping in the middle of the road, directly across for our driveway.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 10:48:01 AM
The (formerly) hanging gardens of LaJolla?

We actually got to see it. We were camping in Neah Bay Washington, and the clouds parted just minutes prior to the start.* They came and went, but before I fell asleep it was about half way.** I think we got pretty lucky.............Arctic Traveller

Yeah, It sounds like you had a bit of luck, clouds partling and all.

We had luck too, the rainy kind and lots of it, the clouds cried.

Oh well, maybe next time. I can't complain, too much. I did watch the last one, although it was not a special solstice one, and that was a good viewing night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom