View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissboat View Post
That's a nice photo of your Monk, Steve. Shows off her attractive sheer and flared bow to good advantage. Not long ago I went through a Monk 36 for sale for around $100K. Like those fiberglass decks! This one had a four-cylinder Cummins, reportedly 150hp, which ought to be plenty. I appreciated the ample space in the engine compartment. Have seen other examples asking as low as the mid $80K range.
There are a lot of ways to go. A couple of boats that have fewer of the type problems you describe are sort of at the opposite end of the original price range. That is Bayliner and Hatteras. You can find a lot of 90's Bayliners in your range. As they were built functional but basic without the extra teak and without steel fuel tanks, those are two issues you won't encounter. Plus their pricing allows you newer than you might get in some boats. Hatteras you'll have to go older but there are many Hatteras MY's that will fit your needs and are without major issues.

The one place both Bayliner and Hatteras will fail your objectives is that they'll be twins. But they still can be operated economically, just not as much so as a single.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote