View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #90
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyschulman View Post
That our wives fit or do not the perception of the sales pitch makes little difference in where the sales and design puts emphasis. I don't think all that sales and design emphasis is missing the boat. Its all meant to get the little lady aboard on the sale and on the boat. In general I think the population here fits the target each of us may think what we like but we are lined up in the sights.
Wifey B: I don't understand little ladies at all I must admit. I mean it's like super hard for someone like me who is full speed ahead and damx the torpedoes or somewhateverthelineis to grasp the sales job that has to be done. However, I know it's real and it's obvious they are catering to it. I just don't get why men are more likely boaters than women. That really could be a topic for an entirely different discussion and we'd still not know but it must really have to do with tradition and heritage and all that old baggage that many lack the ability or the desire to break away from. In our family my hubby and I are equal in loving boating and in having no interest in roughing it. The same boats appeal to us. I personally found the ad offensive but I know it's probably effective. Bra and male organ products and such I understand the sexual distinctions.

Problem too is I live in a distorted world around lots of avid female boaters including captains and future captains. I admit to being like totally out of touch with the hesitant female boater.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote