Old 06-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #176
janice142
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by READY2GO View Post
Do you have a drawing showing the flow of water i.e. what hoses run to where? I attempted a guess in post #142.

It's pretty close to what you have... There is no hot water heater. The hoses have not been attached but as I understand it, you're correct. The hoses are next, and then the final adjustments for cooling.

From the SS box, we go downward to the Vernier water-lift muffler (to quiet the sound) then up (loop) and down (out side of boat)... the exit thru-hull is about a foot above the waterline on the starboard side.

Oh, and the support for that SS manifold has to be cut out. The pattern is in the shop. No work here on Mondays. The shop is closed.

Also my bigger alternator needs to be mounted on the engine. The little one that came with the engine has been removed.

I see hope. Thanks to AusCan, I've got a manual. It's already been sent to the printer so by the end of the week I'll have a repair manual, and associated goodies. Thanks so much to him. That will be a big help.

It included wiring diagrams and more.
There are sections on wet exhaust and dry, keel coolers and more. It looks fascinating. There are even checklists. I like my lists.

J

Oh, and I'll take pictures once it's cool. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. The UPS driver was called and if my a/c is here, he'll deliver it right to Seaweed. Yeah.

That will be mighty fine. When it's this hot I simply wilt.

My get up and go wants to do nothing. I'll tell you how bad it is: I have a stand for my kindle and don't even hold it when reading. I do reach out and tap the page advance button all by myself. Only because I don't have a way to do it automatically.

When the a/c arrives I fully intend to install it immediately. Then I'll turn it on high, grab Skipper and take my kindle to bunk. When I wake up, life will be better, or at least cooler