Clean fenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n36511

Vessel Name
Miller Time part deux
Vessel Make
1995 Carver 355
Took two days off this week to hang out on the lake while the kiddos are in camp. Did some maintenance on the boat and stumbled on a new way to clean my fenders. Had tried with all kinds of cleaners including bleach...no luck. Was waxing on the bow of the boat when I noticed a spider on one of the fenders...i used my wax rag to kill it and guess what...it put a nice clean streak on the dirty fenders :). The Admiral saw it and volunteered to knock them all out. Product is Nu Finish polish. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1434282061.300233.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1434282076.616431.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1434282102.902425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

I might have to try that on the white polo shirts I insist on continuing to buy. I usually get about 3 uses out of one before I destroy it.

I knew a black guy who used to joke about not showing bruises or dirt. I took a page out of his book and bought black fenders. A good decision.

Don't feel bad, I rarely get past one wearing of anything white without finding dirt, grease or oil (or all 3) of some kind, some how somewhere.

Love the NuFinish, have used it on my boats & cars for ever. It really stands up as adveriised. Never tried it on the fenders tho, now I will.

We have found that GoJo with pumice is the most effective thing for cleaning dirty fenders and ground power cords. It's a tip I got from a forum member some years ago and it really works.

Blue bottle looks like Meguiars.

Nu-Finish comes in an orange bottle. What's the blue bottle in the picture?

If you look to the left you will see the orange bottle. We were experimenting with many things. The blue bottle was meguires rubber/vinyl cleaner. It sucked.

Correction. Nu finish got cropped out.

We use Armorall wheel and tire cleaner. Let soak in for 10 minutes and scrub it with a scotch bright pad.

We have found that GoJo with pumice is the most effective thing for cleaning dirty fenders and ground power cords. It's a tip I got from a forum member some years ago and it really works.

We can't seem to get that Gojo here except in large commercial type volumes. I might see if we can get this Nuclear, sorry, Nu Finish, stuff.

Tell you what. After I had the GT4 repaint job done - a magnificent finish, the painter put me onto the Meguiar's Wet Look polish, and that is extremely good for the car at least. Still, this Nu Finish stuff might do both jobs - or I could see if the Meguiar's Wet Look works on dirty fenders. I've given up on fender socks, they just don't last long enough, and are damn near as expensive as a new fender anyway.

Last edited:
I've given up on fender socks, they just don't last long enough, and are damn near as expensive as a new fender anyway.

Recycle tag sale towels with a seam from a seweing machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom