Cool cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Went down yesterday to fuel up our fishing boat with non-ethanol fuel for our annual 2-week halibut/salmon fishing tip up the north end of Vancouver Island and noticed a small car show across the street at the hamburger joint that often sponsors these things. A good friend in France has a car like some of those in the show so I banged off a few shots with my phone. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570838.614488.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570865.923667.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570882.712139.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570899.723368.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570921.310185.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570938.029226.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432570958.414149.jpg

Last edited:
Photoshop!!!

Where's the oil leaks :)

Seriously though, cool pictures Marin. Thanks for sharing them.

I'm always amazed by the condition of those oldies. Beautiful pieces of work there. Thanks, Marin, for sharing them.

Photoshop!!!

Where's the oil leaks :)

Seriously though, cool pictures Marin. Thanks for sharing them.

LOL!

X2. My kind of cars.

MGTC? Blower Bentley? Allard???

MG-TC, another MG (don't know the model), Allard. But... the second car looks suspiciously like a Blower Bentley. However, the blower-- if that's what it is-- appears smaller than the blower on a Bentley. Also, the badge on the grill surround is an MG badge with different wings than a Bentley badge. On the other hand, the label on the engine is taped on and it says Morris Garage which even if this name is accurate (which is doubtful) should read Morris Garages.

The meet was an MG club meet. So either the car is an imposter or it's a real MG or it's something somebody cobbled together.

Last edited:
That is a Bentley Speed Six. The owner claims it is the actual blue train Bentley and not the one in the famous artwork. The cool thing is that the owner owns both Bentleys!

The McCaws developed Bliss Landing, just north of Powell River.

The second MG looks like a TF, flowing headlights in the guards and wire wheels. The TD had disc wheels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom