Anchor identification help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
We are having a flea market at the marina this weekend and I want to try and sell these three anchors . I want to advertise them right . The big danforth type and the yachtsman type weigh 25 lbs . And the smaller danforth type weighs eight pounds . Is that how should advertise them ? What are they worth , I'm sure not much . I don't use them and thought someone might .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 103
Maybe Eric will scoop them up first.

They should be worth just about as much as new if not too rusty and not bent.

BUT...people are funny....used they think they should be 1/2 price but they are 100% serviceable and lifetime is hardly touched. I would start with 75% of new and be willing to go less if I need to get rid of them.

Danforth's are a great anchor for the right conditions but there are so many of them lying around boat yards abandoned you'd be lucky to get $10 ea.

Greetings,
Mr. PM. I haven't got a clue as to value but NEW, the REAL Danforth (Standard) is selling for ~$37 for a 9 lb. and ~$115 for a 25 lb. (current Defender prices) so maybe $20 and $45?
The Yachtsman? Sure, $45 as well. But this is all just a guess on my part. What are you going to do with all the money you make?

$10 for the small Dan. $25 for the big Dan.

The "Yachtsman" is either a Herreshoff or very close to it.
I'd try for $100 and come down a lot if needed. Pretend it's worth $100. Put on a good act and it may BE worth $100.

Sounds like maybe dollar a pound after haggling and everybody is happy . What about 3/4" anchor line ? Maybe .10 ft ? I have about 500 ft or so .

"What about 3/4" anchor line ?"

You no linger need a storm anchor line?

The tiny Danforth would be a good dink anchor .

You no linger need a storm anchor

We have plenty on the boat for where we are now . This is some extra . Although if I ever retire and head your way south we might need it .

Back
Top Bottom