Replacement screens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJ

El Capitan
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Chung Hwa 46 LRC
Looking for replacement screens for my Chung Hwa 46 portlights. I’ve tried all the major boat window manufacturers and marine suppliers without success. I think these windows are pretty standard equipment on Taiwanese boats. The only writing on them is on the glass and says “Kaohsiung Lin” which I believe is the place in Taiwan where they were made, although the Lin part indicates it’s someone’s name.

With all the Taiwanese boats out there and there longevity, I would think this would be a relatively easy item to find – not!

I read some info on “cruiser net” but it was pretty confusing

Also looking for info on a replacement bulb for aft running light. Seems to be a very odd size.
The lens assembly just says “AAA” and “made in Taiwan”.

Thanks KJ

1429-albums194-picture1642.jpg

1429-albums194-picture1644.jpg

Have you tried an established local glass/screen shop?

I was surprised to see some of the shapes they could duplicate. Ours is a third generation owned shop and they are amazingly resourceful and creative.

Thanks. I'll give them a try.

I have a Taiwanese trawler (Kha Shing) and am in need of screen inserts for a couple of the portlights. Have made the rounds calling distributors and manufacturers with no success. They either point to the list on their web site or they need a mfg/number. So far I have not found anything that will fit the bill. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. A picture of the offending portlights may be able to be identified by the experts here and might put you onto a solution. Saying you have a brand XXX Taiwanese vessel does not necessarily mean a specific brand of fitments as over the years, the builders sourced their parts from all over so a sistership to your vessel may have entirely different bits and pieces.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom