Vessel Model: 46 Jefferson
SOLD: 34 Mainship Trawler - SOLD!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	40994

Price - $33,000

34 Mainship II Trawler. If you are looking for a boat to do the loop or a weekender that you can afford to run, this is your boat. She has a 160 hp turbo Perkins diesel (2,207 hrs) and will only burn 2gph at 8knts (which is how I run her) with a top speed closer to 14knts. That is a range of 800+ miles on 220 gallons of fuel. She is built to travel as you will see from the list of upgrades.

Tons of pictures are available on photobucket (see link below). This is a well loved vessel that I've owned for the past 9 years. The prior owner had her for about 10 years and brought her down from the Great Lakes area. We both kept her under cover and in fresh water.

For pictures, paste to your browser:

1979 34 Mainship by chrislynn4 | Photobucket

It hurts me to list her, but with a growing family we have less time to cruise and need more space, so we've purchased a larger boat. I've looked at a lot of boats lately and I'm appreciating more and more that age is a number and the true value of a boat is in the way it's been maintained.

Besides standard preventative maintenance, the following is a partial list of items that have been replaced/added/upgraded over the past three years:

Bottom painted June 2014 (anti-fouling paint used)
Grey hull strip repainted
Custom cockpit cover sanded and repainted
Outdoor speakers installed on cockpit - wired to bluetooth radio on flybridge

Couch, chair, and curtains all recovered/replaced
New flat screen TV in salon
New (rebuilt) Charles 30 Amp Charger
Teak swim platform refinished

New refrigerator
New 8d starter and house batteries
New 1000 watt inverter (runs refrigerator off battery)
Most fuel lines replaced

Some other goodies that you won't find on most boats:

Hydraulic steering
Autopilot at both stations (remote that allows immediate course corrections)
Stern thruster with controls at both stations (great for handling a singe engine in tight spaces)
Twin Racor fuel filter station (allows the changing of fuel filters while underway)
Radar
GPS (older hummingbird model)
Heat exchanger hot water tank (uses engine to heat water while underway)
Plumbing for small washing machine on cockpit
Davits for dinghy (dinghy not included)
Anchor Windless
Built in Halon System (fire suppressor)
Remote controlled spotlight
Two washdown pumps

Other items

Two Marine Air units, but salon unit currently needs to be charged. Forward air is sufficient, so this hasn't been attended to yet. She sleeps 4, two in the V-berth and 2 on the fold out couch. Generator (Next Generation installed in 2002 with 287hrs) is a 3.5kw that has been moved to the cockpit and sits under the custom built bench. This change provides additional seating and tons of storage in the hold below the cockpit. There is a separate starting battery with its own charger for the generator.

We are only selling in order to upgrade to a larger boat. She is located on the Mississippi River in Downtown Memphis at Harbortown Marina. We moved her to Memphis from Pebble Isle Marina on the Tennessee River a few years ago and it was a great trip! Please contact me by email at chris.lynn@maac.com with any questions or to schedule a viewing.

Thanks!

Chris

Stats

LOA - 34'
Beam - 11' 11"
Draft - 4'
Displacement lbs - 14,000
Hull - Layers of handlaid reinforced molded, on piece fiberglass, soft chine with gel-cote finish
Air Cond - 2 (12,000 & 16,500 BTU new 2001)
Head - Traveler head with holding tank
Berth - 1 Forward V-Berth
Fresh Water - 50 gal
Fuel Type - Diesel
Tanks/Capacity - 2 / 220 gal total
Material - Welded Aluminum
Engine - Perkins
HP - 160

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1450.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	99.6 KB