View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #50
janice142
Guru

City: St. Pete, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panope View Post
The pivots have UHMW bearings for effortless pivoting. Two drop pins keep it in place while under way. Takes just a few seconds to pivot and a few more to cast off the hoisting line to launch dinghy.
Hello Steve. Your system looks great. Help me understand though... in picture two there is a metal U-shape (extended 'u') that goes over the gunnel. Is that welded to your post or ??

Also, I see two lines aft to the port and starboard corners of the dink but nothing forward? Did I miss something. How do you get your Walker Bay up and down?

I've a similar centerline davit so my upper looks like yours -- just need to figure out the inboard part of the dinghy, as in how to hold it in place.

And yes, I know I could place it on the swim platform. The problem with that is I could not get out of the water -- it would block my swim steps. Being able to self-rescue is important, especially since I'm a soloist.