Mast down ready for Erie Canal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
Sitting in Waterford NY ready for the Erie Canal start tomorrow. Fryedaze has been de-masted with her big orange balls at the ready ( there is a joke in there somewhere about an Olympian recently in the news):blush:. Its been a good trip so far. Looking forward to the trip to Oswego. Boat repairs to date. New domestic water pump and new level switch in shower sump. Both from the spare parts locker.
The Irene Waterline sign is probably about four feet higher that the top canvas on Fryedaze, hard to imagine

Attachments

• SDC14052.jpg
    SDC14052.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC14057.jpg
    SDC14057.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC14055.jpg
    SDC14055.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 131
  • SDC14056.jpg
    SDC14056.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 123
Keep the posts and pics coming please. We were supposed to be where you are about now but fickle fate intervened.

What is your vertical clearance with your mast down?

Have a great trip. We really enjoyed it.

Are you doing the Great Loop, or one of the other courses?

Welcome to New York's rustbelt! There isn't a lot of civilization between you and Oneida Lake, but there are some really pretty parts. Don't worry about those orange balls, you'll get 'em dirty in no time. Enjoy!

Keep the posts and pics coming please. We were supposed to be where you are about now but fickle fate intervened.

What is your vertical clearance with your mast down?

20' 4" to the anchor light with the AIS whip removed.

At some point, you will have to switch to the "Cruising and Events - Interior Waters" forum. :thumb:

At some point, you will have to switch to the "Cruising and Events - Interior Waters" forum. :thumb:

Great thought!! You guys let me know when Dave crosses the boundary and I'll move the thread, leaving a last post here with the link. Let's see how many sub-forums Dave can cross into.

The solar panels 'look' great! If you didn't look for them, you'd never notice. Very cool!

And what with the anchor light removed? I'm assuming that's how you get low enough to clear in Chicago.
We are 16' 7" with mast down so we will be good for the 17' Chicago trip. I will put it back up in Oswego and take it back down in Chicago.

We are 16' 7" with mast down so we will be good for the 17' Chicago trip. I will put it back up in Oswego and take it back down in Chicago.

Actually Chicago can accommodate up to 19'1" so you have plenty of room.

Back
Top Bottom