HopCar-- Hopkins Carter Marine Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just refer to it as "Club Anchor Right"........sorry couldn't resist. :oops:

Yes, Mike, Club Anchor Right it is.The club slogan "If you don't want to anchor wrong, join Club Anchor Right!"

It's funny, because it's a fact that Rocna's are THEE best. That's it, period.

What's all this debate about?! :lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

No debate, Oliver. "If you don't want to anchor wrong, join Club Anchor Right".

Aw shucks, can't be in the anchor wrong club! :(

Going to go out next buy a Excel and join the anchor right club. Phewww, close one.

I think some of you need to got AA meetings more often.....:hide: (Anchors Anonymous)

I just saw a post advertisiing a Rocna in the classifieds.

Looking to possibly trade for a larger anchor.

Funny how he is not looking to trade for another ROCNA.

Wonder why???? :angel:

Never seen a used SARCA EXCEL for sale. :dance:

Club Anchor Right seems to be a club you join once and never leave.

Club anchor ROCNA seems to have a bit of turnover. :eek:

Last edited:
Now it we could just get HopCar to sell Sarca.

All of you need more and bigger anchors!

What about chain?

Yes Oliver, everybody needs more and bigger chain as well.

giphy.gif

Sorry guys but I have a Supreme and they wouldn't call it that unless it really was.... right?

Supreme?
So now I can join a club and be cool too.
HC do you really think I need nore anchors? Wait till I tel my wife.
If you need chain you have an inferior anchor .. not Supreme.
Keith actually that poster probably couldn't fit the Rocky on his bow.
Oliver there are several anchor tests where the Rocky did'nt come out on top.

My stern anchor is a Sarca.

???

Yeah, and you know, the guy knows how to entertain. After picking up Bill's anchor, he had us as guest judges at the Miss H-C Beauty Pageant!

I wondered where my girls went. Parks stopped by Moonstruck, and made off with my women. Not good customer relations, Parks.

Sorry guys but I have a Supreme and they wouldn't call it that unless it really was.... right?

I like it...

"Club Supreme"

Yes, has a nice ring to it.

Never seen a used Supreme anchor for sale either. :)

I like it...

"Club Supreme"

Yes, has a nice ring to it.

Never seen a used Supreme anchor for sale either. :)

I took mine back to West Marine and got a refund.

Now the SARCA EXCEL, thats the club to be in. People stop by your boat and ask about your anchor. Conversations start.
Kevin, seeing the dock pic of your Excel on the boat, people either have to walk around it or get physically stopped by it.
My Super Sarca did a great job last night, in 13M, despite a number of direction changes. It is doing well.

Eric you may be the exception, no more anchors for you. As you pointed out, the guy selling the Rocna is doing so because it doesn't fit on his anchor roller very well. This is often a problem with roll bar anchors. I asked Cardude to send me a picture of where he was going to hang the Rocna before I delivered it to him. They don't work well if the shank has to come up through a pulpit. I can't use a Rocna because my anchor comes through the Pulpit. I'm going to give a Vulcan a try. The Vulcan gets extra points because it just looks so damn cool.

A dock neighbor had his boat painted over the winter... and he's been re-installing bling. Re-chromed his horns, etc...

So the other day he's complaining about his new anchor, at quick glance looked like a Delta, to me... but he said it's a 60-pounder and it didn't look like that big. Anyway, his complaint is two-fold: it's too large for his pulpit slot, and it's ugly (translate = not blingy).

So he's taking that back and he's now ordered an Ultra, smaller to fit his pulpit.

He has no clue about various anchor designs, no clue about anchoring geometry, he thinks Danforth-style anchors are called "wing anchors"... he ordered the Ultra because it's stainless. And because they look so good on the Fleming fleet we have here.

Bling.

And he admits he has no intention of intentionally anchoring anywhere.

:)

-Chris

Thanks for all the anchor fun over the weekend guys.

I hope everybody that reads this thread takes it as the light hearted humor the participants intended it to be. :)

And he admits he has no intention of intentionally anchoring anywhere.
+1 on that :socool:

So, given that I don't have a dog or horse in this race, I'll again offer the lobby of our local police station as a safe venue for discussing the subject of the best anchor.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the anchor fun over the weekend guys.

I hope everybody that reads this thread takes it as the light hearted humor the participants intended it to be. :)

Yes. I hope everyone realizes we are joking around for the most part.

Wait you were all joking?!:hide::lol::D

Ok, now that that is settled, you guys can go back to saying nice things about me.:hide:

Thanks RT, I knew I could count on you. Hey! Wait a minute!

Parks, I want my girls back. Larry gave them to me first.:thumb:

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433818534.769101.jpg
She thinks my anchor's sexy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom