New guy with a new to me boat. First timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timetraveler

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Shema
Vessel Make
78 heritage West Indian 36 trawler
I found this site about a week ago. I have been reading post since. This is a learning experience for me. I've owned boats my whole life but this will be the largest. There is a lot to this boat. Being a 1978 there has been a lot of hands on it,but I am looking forward to working on it for a trip back to the gulf coast. I bought it in Tx. The last owner was very knowledgable about this boat and kept a priceless log book, was very impressed with it. That should help a lot. Made me feel better about buying it.

Congratulations on your new boat!

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

Welcome. Did you take her home yourself and if so how did you find our stretch of the ICW?

Not home bound yet

I bought the boat in Kemah tx. Going to leave it there and use it for a while before I drive it home though the ICW. If anyone has some info on the route I need to take or a web site that can give me some info needed to make a trip like this it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Pics please.

Welcome aboard

Welcome from Gulf Shores and The Shoals on TN River.

Welcome neighbor, from League City, Tx....where in Kemah are you?

Welcome! My previous boat was a 1982 so I understand your pain. I loved the boat but spent a lot of time trouble shooting and fixing previous owners up grades or repairs.

Timetraveler, we purchased our boat as well in Kemah and kept it in SSH a couple of years. We have made the trip to La and Mississippi a few times and can suggest trip resources when you are ready - as can many others.
We live near Baton Rouge, but have settled in a Gulfport Small Craft a couple of years. Welcome aboard!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom