HopCar-- Hopkins Carter Marine Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Kudos to Parks, owner of Hopkins Carter Marine Supply, for the outstanding service. He delivered a new Rocna anchor to me on the west coast of FL all the way from Miami today. Now I can anchor in the the sand like regular boaters, instead of on giant power cables like I normally do. ?

He beat all the others guys on price, delivered it, and bought lunch. Seriously, how can you beat that?

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433639815.872860.jpg
Larry (Healhustler, me and Parks)

Big thanks to Larry for the help with the install. I'm pretty sure I would have dropped it overboard if I had to install it my myself. Larry was disappointed I didn't spring for the stainless bling package however.

Visit Hopkins-Carter here and get your very own Rocna bling. ???

http://www.hopkins-carter.com/roanga.html

Last edited:
He just using you for write off's on personal vacations!:rofl::lol::D

BTW, welcome to the extremely exclusive Rocna owners club. Our anchors make us thee best Mariners in the water. If someone says otherwise they're just jealous of you're anchor or shoes.

BTW, welcome to the extremely exclusive Rocna owners club. Our anchors make us thee best Mariners in the water. If someone says otherwise they're just jealous of you're anchor or shoes.

Sweet. I've already been getting admiring glances at the dock. ?

About the shoes, after I told Parks I was a used car salesman, he said if I had some topsiders I would qualify to be a boat broker as well.

I think I'll keep my flip flops.

Plus I hear topsiders tend to go missing around here...

Glad you all think that's funny!

Where on the west coast of Florida are you? I may want to come for a look.

Longboat Key

Thanks Cardude. It was fun meeting you. Did you have to bring Healhustler? Who knows what he's going to do with those pictures.

Seasalt, I delivered the anchor to Cardude in the parking lot at Fisherman's Village. Cardude commented that he felt like he was in a drug deal. My friend Darrell has a house in Punta Gorda so he is over several times a year. I come over with him when I can. He'll make deliveries but you have to buy him lunch.

Oliver, you are way to smart. You figured it out. Cardude said you installed some electronics for him, nice.

Make that four... Seaweed has a 33 pound Rocna on the bow. It works too.

I did have a 25 pounder (Davis plow) and dragged once. Sold it to a guy on Craigslist for $50. There's no need to keep an anchor that won't hold the boat.

Geez...

If you only had a Sarca Excel then you'd be styling...

and for the record I have several pairs of Topsiders, both lleather and canvass. :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Cardude commented that he felt like he was in a drug deal
Next time you guys can do the business in the lobby of the PG Police Station. They have a safe zone for transactions, especially off Craig's List

I have a Rocna 44lb. I no longer have anchor envy.

Cardude you have teamed up with two of the best ,plus you got yourself a nice anchor .

I thought I had the best anchor.
HAHA .. But it didn't get me into any club. Where everybody slaps others on the back, gives and takes high fives and big thumbs up. Even here on TF it's cool to have a Rocna. N4712 wrote "welcome to the extremely exclusive Rocna owners club. Our anchors make us thee best Mariners in the water." Look at all the respect you get. And for doing what? Buying a specific product that newbies aspire to posses because the gugu's talk big about them.

And outside of anchor tests the only way to get an idea of which anchor is best is to listen to gurus and I don't support Rocna's guru and founder but he has done a better job of marketing even through somewhat desperate, illeagal and dishonest manufacturing that everybody thinks is "under the bridge" but the same guys are still involved in the company.

Well I'm not experiencing the spotlight glow of having the supreme (pun intended) anchor and ultra cool product but I've never dragged an anchor and have several (many think many) anchors that I think are supreme in many ways. The notion that anybody would think one anchor is actually best and all others are used by folks accross the tracks is nonsense. Look at the competition. Anyone in the world can come up w a new anchor and there is no no shortage of anchors to find and the technology of anchors is hard to hide. How then could one be "best"? There are so many variables like bottom type and scope that even a lab full of researchers could'nt come to an agreement. And on those two accounts the revered Rocna has been tested publicly to be shy of good performance when compared to many other anchors. Rocna failures have even been reported by TF members.

But the best anchor should deliver membership in the most elite anchor club in the world and mine dosn't. Hmmmmm .... no social club benifits. Perhaps I don't have the best anchor as it dosn't permit me to glow in the spotlight as super cool but if I did have the cool anchor and the wind came up while anchored in the wrong place and it dragged ........ Then I really would be in a tight spot. That's not why I don't have said anchor though.

Last edited:
:nonono:Jealousy is never pretty..Right Rocna Club members? :rofl:

HAHA RT II did do a bit of "beating" didn't I?

Wouldn't want to offend any "club" members now would I?

Besides it's a good anchor. Just much over rated.

I like the guy's eyes .. presumably looking at a clock. haha

Last edited:
Geez...

If you only had a Sarca Excel then you'd be styling...

and for the record I have several pairs of Topsiders, both lleather and canvass. :blush:

Of course it's safe for your to discuss your Sperry's... you're on the other side of the country from someone who shall remain nameless. He drives a pretty spiffy boat though, wearing a variety of deck shoes acquired who knows where?!? (think: "boat shows")

Watch for him.

Leave it to RT.

Of course it's safe for your to discuss your Sperry's... you're on the other side of the country from someone who shall remain nameless. He drives a pretty spiffy boat though, wearing a variety of deck shoes acquired who knows where?!? (think: "boat shows")

Watch for him.

Does iit count that I bought one of my pairs them from a guy at a boat show back east?

He said he just bouught them but they made his feet hurt. Cost me $5 bucks.

Does iit count that I bought one of my pairs them from a guy at a boat show back east?

He said he just bouught them but they made his feet hurt. Cost me $5 bucks.

:rofl: That's a great price.

I pay $10 to $20 for mine on eBay. I wear size 3 (kids) so can get the $60 Angelfish for dirt cheap. Kids only break 'em in. I wear 'em out. Life is good if you have small feet, except when I want to pretend I'm an adult, i.e. wear heels. Then, well, then it's not so easy.

If you need marine parts with good service on the East Coast of US, Parks is the man. If you want to belong to an exclusive anchor club get a Sarca ExCel. Sorry, Rocna guys they are just sooooo, shall we say, common.:D

If you need marine parts with good service on the East Coast of US, Parks is the man. If you want to belong to an exclusive anchor club get a Sarca ExCel. Sorry, Rocna guys they are just sooooo, shall we say, common.:D

Yes, Almost ordinary, or plain Jane.

Now the SARCA EXCEL, thats the club to be in. People stop by your boat and ask about your anchor. Conversations start. Yes, a very exclusive club indeed. :D

When people ask, I mention the Rocna anchor, Yes they've see one. I then tell them that the Sarca Excel is for those that want something more... An upgrade if you will. :dance:

Last edited:
Yes, Almost ordinary, or plain Jane.

Now the SARCA EXCEL, thats the club to be in. People stop by your boat and ask about your anchor. Conversations start. Yes, a very exclusive club indeed. :D

I just refer to it as "Club Anchor Right"........sorry couldn't resist. :oops:

I've made several purchases from Parks and will tell you he provides excellent service on the West Coast of the US.

Yeah, and you know, the guy knows how to entertain. After picking up Bill's anchor, he had us as guest judges at the Miss H-C Beauty Pageant!

Attachments

• beauties.jpg
    beauties.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 67
See the one on the left? She helped me on my phone order the other day! She has the sweeeeeeeeeetest voice!

You rock, Parks!

I knew there would be trouble letting Larry have a photo.
My wife's comment when she saw the photo was a long cold "Ohhhh, explain".
I quickly blamed it on Larry and told her the girls weren't really there. Not sure she believes me.

The HopCar logo on the bathing suits is a nice touch Larry.

KS, OK, you have joined my list of suspects, and you made a profit. Shame on you. And, BTW, I have a Supreme, and now I know to expect that kind of behavior from Rocna/Excel deviants.

Sorry, LMAO. :rofl: :lol:

That was the reason for my cheesy smile. ?

Back
Top Bottom