Marlow Mainship 37, high end foo-foo boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidM

Valued Technical Contributor
I just got home from Trawlerfest at Essex Ct. It was ok. The vendor booths were very limited and about half of the boats were used brokerage boats. But Nordic Tugs, Back Cove and Ranger Tugs all had new boats and Mainship had their new 37.

I chatted with the dealer a bit about it. He ordered it and customized it significantly from the standard (if there is such a thing) Marlow model. He had them take the space that was going to be a second berth and made it into the dinning/cocktail area you see in the first pic. He added high end refrigerators, movedelectrical panels around, etc to make it nicer, but...

We talked about how it was developed. We decided that it started with the Pilot 34 mold and that was cut and a section taken out of the middle (to make the main bulkhead where they wanted it) and the aft cockpit with its folding swim platform you see in the last pic was added.

All in all it is nice, maybe more of an entertainment dock queen and not a real cruiser to my taste. Not at all like the utilitarian original Pilot. But that is what I would expect from Marlow.

David

M37 photo 1.jpg
M37 photo 2.jpg

M37 photo 3.jpg
M37 photo 4.jpg

Thanks for Sharing, David. I saw the 32 they have in inventory down here and was somewhat disappointed. I did a writeup on it in this section I believe. Hopefully they will find their groove on this boat. The Pilot series boats were/are such an excellent value in a lobster/downeast boat. Hopefully they will find that niche again.

That bed looks tough to make up with sheets etc.

Back
Top Bottom