SeaHorse II is Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Walt,

Really surprised when I opened the Seahorse II post today. I had missed your story about selling so read back through all postings and was surprised again when you posted a picture of Morry Miller's Halvorsen. I now own that boat and keep her in Virginia. My wife and I were just saying a few days ago that we have owned a lot of boats but never one that draws attention and admirers on just about a daily basis like our GC32.

Congratulations on your new boat. Enjoy!! I think we may make a similar move in the next year.

Bill

That shiny, never-used, stainless-steel anchor may have done the trick. :)
Truer words have never been spoken. I really think that the anchor did have a big positive impact on the buyer. Don't underestimate the selling power of some jewelry on the bow. It can really make a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Samson Post, Stopper & Chain.jpg
    Samson Post, Stopper & Chain.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 117
Do you think mine would sell quicker if I painted this with shiny silver paint, Walt..?

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 120
..... and was surprised again when you posted a picture of Morry Miller's Halvorsen. I now own that boat and keep her in Virginia. My wife and I were just saying a few days ago that we have owned a lot of boats but never one that draws attention and admirers on just about a daily basis like our GC32.
Great to hear from you, Bill! You're absolutely right about the looks you get when you are cruising on your Gourmet Cruiser. Both my wife and I loved her! Still do! The Ocean Alexander allows us to cover a lot more ground in a much shorter period of time & the extra room is terrific! (The fuel bill...not so much. :nonono:)

There are a lot of people that have asked me "why I sold the boat" and my answer has been "It helped fund the boat we wanted in our old age."

One who probably misses it the most is my brother in law who fished her and helmed her every chance he got. He absolutely was the best crewman a skipper could ever have. (He did, however, make a quick transition to the OA.:dance:)

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpg
    IMG_4393.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 113
Truer words have never been spoken. I really think that the anchor did have a big positive impact on the buyer. Don't underestimate the selling power of some jewelry on the bow. It can really make a difference.

Walt, this begs the question as to what is your new boat's anchor. The people want to know! :dance:

Walt, this begs the question as to what is your new boat's anchor.
This is the only pic of the anchor that I Have at present. It's a polished SS but not as pretty as SeaHorse's.

Attachments

• Anchor Pulpit.jpg
    Anchor Pulpit.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 125
This is a better shot....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom