View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #75
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: Flo Scan

Quote:
timjet wrote:

Flow scans for most of us on this forum would be a major purchase for our boat, so the question is not really are flow-scans a valuable tool, but rather are they the best money spent. For me on a limited budget, there are other less expensive ways of determining the best fuel consumption speeds, fuel remaining, potential problems, etc.at without one.
I think that's a pretty smart assessment.* Information is always good to have--- you can use it if you need it or ignore it if you want, but you can't use it if you don't have it.* But for most of us, our boats don't use all that much fuel and fine-tuning the power setting isn't going to save us all that much (in my opinion, anyway).* I daresay that while FloScans would be interesting to have on our boat, and like Walt I believe if they're intepreted properly they can be used to detect some types of potential problems, I don't think they would make a significant difference in the way we operate our boat.* Not enough to warrant their installation at this point.* We have other things (not necessarily related to the boat) that would make better use of the money.

But like bow thrusters,* if one has the budget to assign to them, I believe FloScans would be a good addition to a boat.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote