SPLASH! (almost)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyoboater

Vessel Name
In Disguise
Vessel Make
1985 Mainship 40 DC
After purchasing our Mainship 40DC we took it into the Fulton Boat Yard to get some work done before we take her home....New thru-hulls/new anchor pulpit/bottom job/zincs....here's some of the outside pics. The boat is due to splash Wed 06/03...in the mean time we're going aboard to take inventories of spare parts/tools/liveables etc etc etc. Then stock up and off to Beaumont. Can't WAIT! Once we reach our home port of League City, the new name "In Disguise" will be added...

Attachments

• Bow On.jpg
    Bow On.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 129
  • New Thru-hulls.jpg
    New Thru-hulls.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 107
  • New Thru-hulls 2.jpg
    New Thru-hulls 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Props Rudders Zincs.jpg
    Props Rudders Zincs.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Starboard profile 2.jpg
    Starboard profile 2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 137
You could say that...patience has never been one of my strong suits!

She's purdy! Keep us posted on your progress up the coast.

That's a real good looking boat, WB!! Congrats!

Now you really started something big! Hang on!

Congrats, will be watchin for you in and about the Galveston complex..

Thanks all! Now I gotta pay for the repairs, I was thinkin "Boat Rides $10.. per hour" Waddya think?

Yard is Kickin Ass! Boat splashes TOMORROW! NOW, I'm excited!

Yay! Take lots of pictures......

SPLASHED! We DID IT

"In Disguise" was finally splashed Tuesday afternoon around 1300cdt. After going thru the boat, checking the systems and getting familiarized with them by the yardmaster we finally started our epic journey of approx. 1/4 mile to the Fulton Marina! Yeppers, we did the whole trip in 1 leg! So, got to the slip, turned around to back in and had a little trouble compensating for the wind off the port bow....Anyway, after 5 tries, got her backed in with no damage to piers, boats, or people. The wifey did a good job handling the lines and we're all tucked in nice and neat. Spent the rest of the day loading clothes/pots/pans/supplies etc etc etc....Once we got everything aboard, we figured that the boat had SHRUNK! So, filling all the nooks and crannies, we're moved in. We'll spend today going thru the lockers from the fly bridge down to the bilges doing parts/tool inventories and discovering what each and every valve, button, switch, and anything else we can find does. Of course, sometime during that process we'll take her out and play in Aransas Bay for a bit. Practice, Practice, Practice. We expect to leave for League City, Tex (200 miles or so) Saturday AM.

Very cool! Post pics of the trip. I will be leaving Florida and heading back to Texas brown water later this month.

Don't really want to leave...
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1433330079.168279.jpg

Congrats mate! Let the fun begin!

Back
Top Bottom