Anybody do a Bahama Fling cruise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fredfryguy

Vessel Make
2000 Mainship Pilot 34
Hi, I just read a Bahamas government ad that they organize groups of boats to travel together from Ft Lauderdale to the Bahamas for trips varying 3 to 10 days during June and July. Has anyone been on one of these cruises? Are they well organized? Did they lead the group through the islands? What did you like and dislike? Any comments would be welcome.
Based on there website it sounds like a safe way to get acquainted with cruising in the Bahamas. Thanks, Fred

No. But will look it up.

They have been doing that for years. But I thought they had stopped it a while back.

It's very safe I'm sure. And I'm equally sure it's fun for those that like to travel in a group.

The Edgewater Group comes through Abaco every summer but they are mostly small center consoles.

They have been doing that for years. But I thought they had stopped it a while back.

It's very safe I'm sure. And I'm equally sure it's fun for those that like to travel in a group.

These are dated trips. They leave despite the weather conditions. They have a meeting the night before and tell you the conditions to expect. You have to decide whether you are going or not. I think it's $75 to reserve a spot. Mostly small cruisers and center consoles (fast moving boats).

No thanks. I will make arrangements to meet you there. I just don't like packs and the idea of someone else making the decisions. I'll talk to you on the phone while we cross, keep check on where each other is, but not falling in line and neatly following.

Wifey B: They definitely are flings. At least they could extend a day or so to a full fledged affair. Well, guess it could be worse. They could just be one night stands. Hubby won't even follow on the roads. Just give him the address and he'll meet you there. Of course I'd be the one yelling, "Pass them."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom