Greetings from Gloomy Groton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nokandolah

Vessel Name
Nokandolah
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42
I am sitting on my Grand Banks in Groton Connecticut in 50 degree mist and rain and decided it was time to signup.
My wife and I sailed for over 40 years before moving on to a trawler. It was the right decision at the right time.
We lived overeas for 10 years and had the opportunity to sail in Australia and Singapore.
I used to race and did numerous Newport to Bermuda races as well as 4 Bermuda 1-2 races (single handed to Bermuda and double handed back to Newport).
We lived on our boat in the Caribbean for two separate winters with a work break in the middle.
I am now retired so have time for longer trips. We did the Fundy Flotilla when we first got the boat. Last year we did the "little loop" up the Hudson, Eire Canal, Rideau Canal to Ottawa, to Montreal, Down the Reichleau, Lake Champlaign, and back home. Great trip and highly recommended.
We mostly cruise around New England but plan a trip to Florida and the Bahamas in the near future. Hope to get to Cuba some day.
I wish a good summer of boating to all Trawler members.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Gloomy Groton huh? I hope you didn't join TF out of desperation...

heart.gif

I can't work on any outside projects so thought I would just jump into the warm Trawler Pool!!:socool:

Welcome. I guess you are a neighbor of sorts. I am out of Mystic.
Probably see you around Napatree, BI, Coecles, Sag, etc.

We did the Montreal/Ottawa, etc. trip 2 years ago in the opposite direction.

See ya on the water.

We were on a mooring at Noank Shipyard with the sailboat. I have a friend with a mooring up near the railroad bridge. We use it to watch the antique boat parade.
We are currently at the Shennecossett YC in Groton.

Jay

Enjoy the new docks (built by Gwenmor where I dock) and say hello to Dave and Pat on Sceptre (the 44 Defever )for me!

Jay

Hi from Westport. Welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom