Captains Gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
Our new Gig Harbor Boatworks Captains Gig:

img_337589_0_f1d4b00ec9e244c977514d8a6a36b27b.jpg

img_337589_1_d3e1447797172d0b03e1ee5653741767.jpg

She's a beauty!

If it rides as good as it looks you have a winner! She's beautiful!!

Dave that is one sweet dinghy .:thumb:

Prettiest boat thing I`ve seen in a while, congratulations.

That's a beauty. How about some pictures of her in the water.

That is one VERY nice GIG!

errr... umm.. ah...

Your daggerboard slot is plugged.

Don't tell me you purchased the non-sailing version!

Good gosh Dave, that is way more than half the fun.

PS: the stove is still here if you still want it.

Last edited:
And where are the stand off rods?:blush: Classy boat demand classy fittings:thumb:
Al:flowers:

Thanks guys! I have the sail kit prepped, meaning the dagger-board trunk is there, but plugged until I purchase the rigging, sometime later this year. That is a high priority. I will get a tanbark sail for it.

I have a Fortress FX7 for the dinghy.

Pics on the water soon!:smitten:

Thanks guys! I have the sail kit prepped, meaning the dagger-board trunk is there, but plugged until I purchase the rigging, sometime later this year. That is a high priority. I will get a tanbark sail for it.

Good news. Dinghy sailing is one of my favourite activities, whether in the marina or at anchor.

That is just too cute. It looks nicely finished. Very nice job.

And where are the stand off rods?:blush: Classy boat demand classy fittings:thumb:
Al:flowers:

That's a good point. I found out the hard way that lines wrapped around the varnished rails will wear through the varnish.

Great looking dink!

I will be checking out stand off rods. Do I need one or two? The nice thing about this dinghy, it's very light, <95lbs.

Dave you're killing me man . I want to get sail kit ordered for my Trinka also . It was set up at factory for sail but somehow the sail rig disappeared with all the previous PO's . Now you got me thinking tanbark :thumb:. You're gonna break me . 95 lbs that's nice . Mine is 140 and I feel it when I hoist it up the davits .Great looking dinghy and the tanbark will really top it off nice .

Dave you're killing me man . I want to get sail kit ordered for my Trinka also . It was set up at factory for sail but somehow the sail rig disappeared with all the previous PO's . Now you got me thinking tanbark :thumb:. You're gonna break me . 95 lbs that's nice . Mine is 140 and I feel it when I hoist it up the davits .Great looking dinghy and the tanbark will really top it off nice .

Marty, if I recall your Trinka is 11'? The Captains Gig is 9.5' which accounts for some of the lightness. I'd liked longer, but my transom is just over 10' and wanted to avoid overhang.

img_337858_0_5293a1ce491c312c2fccedf000efc3c2.jpg

It's 10 ft or just under 10 and takes up most of my transom as well .Bruce Bingham designed the Trinka . He also designed the 20 ft Flicka.

Back
Top Bottom