Anyone going to Essex Connecticut Trawlerfest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainetrawler

Veteran Member
We had such a great time at the last Trawlerfest in Florida. We plan on attending. Anyone else?

I will be going if I'm not on a job, it's only a short ride for me. I'm a retired professional captain who does deliveries and training, concentrating on trawlers and new cruisers. the seminars on this one sound much better put together than recent trawlerfests (at least in the NE) and I would like to take a look. I'm surprised you haven't had any feed back, the timing seems right to me and Essex is a great little town with a bunch of marine oriented things to do within an hours drive. Bill

My wife and I will be there on Friday, June 5th. I have beamitus and I need a fix!

We hope to run into you both. We are still "window shopping" for our liveaboard trawler while waiting for our Maine real estate to sell. We are looking forward to taking some courses, checking out trawlers and meeting lots of new friends.

For folks that need info on cruising , the SSCA has a gam in Essex that might be useful.

Inshore as well as offshore topics are usually covered.

1. Search Results

1. 6/22/2014 - ESSEX SUMMER SOLSTICE GAM, ESSEX ...

www.[B]ssca[/B].org/calendar/wc20140622.html

2. Jun 22, 2014 - Mark your calendars and join fellow SSCA members at the second annual Summer Solstice Gam in Essex CT. The event will take place at two ...

3. 6/22/2013 - Essex Gam (Essex, CT),Southwest Florida ...

www.[B]ssca[/B].org/calendar/wc20130622.html

4. Jun 22, 2013 - Seven Seas Cruising Association, Inc. ... Event Title: Essex Gam (Essex, CT) ... Sunday, June 23 at 17:00 meet at the home of SSCA Cruising ...

The seminars seem good, but I didn't read of too many boats on display except the Nordic Tug lineup from Ben Wilde.

I was wondering about the short list of boats on display. Hopefully more will be listed soon.

Starting to look like I'll have time to attend. But it's so cold in New England.

I plan to be underway that week, and looking for a destination.

Is it too late to sign up? What sort of dock/mooring arrangements are available for these things? How much does it cost?

The web site is at 2015 International Cruising Boat Expo Essex | | PassageMaker

There does not seem to be a way to advance register just for the boat show, only with seminars (expensive). Be aware that the boat show is only open June 4-7 but the seminars start on June 2.

Slips and moorings are available through Brewer. Moorings about $30. Slips about $2.00/foot. If you have a Brewer card you can either get a free or discounted slip.

I will be at the Gris for drinks about 8:00 PM Friday night. Look forward to meeting anyone there.

David

I will be helping staff the MTOA (Marine Trawler Owners Association) booth Friday morning. Stop in for a visit!

David I wish I could meet you but I hope to be on the hook at Napatree by then!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom