New boat and member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hank

Vessel Name
Hank
Vessel Make
Mainship 1982 30
Hi
Just signed up. Purchased a 1982 Mainship 30 a few weeks ago.Survey went well. It has a Yanmar 170 hp. installed in 2002. It is in the yard now and no major problems so going ahead with bottom job and buff and polish.
I have not been able to uncover very much info on this model. Help
there would be appreciated.
We plan on doing river cruising out of Florida Gulf Coast.
Thanks in advance to all.

Welcome and post some pics of the boat.

Lots of info posted here on this model. Seems pretty popular in that size range..

Welcome Aboard!

Don't remember any Mainship 30 in the early '80s. I only remember the 34, the 36, and I think a 40.

Pictures?

-Chris

Welcome. Enjoy your boat and cruises.
Pictures please

regards

Portuguese

Hi
Just signed up. Purchased a 1982 Mainship 30 a few weeks ago.Survey went well. It has a Yanmar 170 hp. installed in 2002. It is in the yard now and no major problems so going ahead with bottom job and buff and polish.
We plan on doing river cruising out of Florida Gulf Coast.
Thanks in advance to all.

What rivers and destinations do you have in mind?

Hank
Having just purchased a Mainship myself, I went thru google and downloaded every Mainship owner's manual I could find. Unfortunately there isn't one for my specific boat, nor is a Mainship 30' listed, however, if you pm me your contact info, I'll be happy to send the PDF file of what I've got to you. You may or may not find something useful.

There is lots of good cruising grounds all along the coast, also bayous, bays and beaches.

Enjoy it!

Tenn., Apalacicola to Chattahoochee, Mississippi

You surprised me on that one. I must admit I didn't know the Apalachicola River was navigable all that distance. I'd heard of people paddling it. I'd love to hear from others who have run it.

Don't leave the Tenn Tom to the Tennessee out of your ultimate plans, even if not initial.

Last edited:
You surprised me on that one. I must admit I didn't know the Apalachicola River was navigable all that distance. I'd heard of people paddling it. I'd love to hear from others who have run it.

Don't leave the Tenn Tom to the Tennessee out of your ultimate plans, even if not initial.

I believe you can get as far as Lake Eufala. Lock around the Walter F George dam.

I believe you can get as far as Lake Eufala. Lock around the Walter F George dam.

They say they maintain a channel 9' deep and 100' wide up to Columbus, GA. I've never known anyone to take the river up there. Three locks on the way. Definitely have me interested now. I love Apalachicola.

My other question is fuel. I see one place that sells gas but not many and no diesel is obvious at first look.

Calling anyone who has taken this trip.

Apalachicola is one of our favorite spots too we haven't been up the river but it sounds like a nice trip.

Info

Hank
Having just purchased a Mainship myself, I went thru google and downloaded every Mainship owner's manual I could find. Unfortunately there isn't one for my specific boat, nor is a Mainship 30' listed, however, if you pm me your contact info, I'll be happy to send the PDF file of what I've got to you. You may or may not find something useful.

File was helpful. Did not know the front windows were not glass.
Manuals for A/C,refrig.,head,etc. were still on board. Still have some papers to go thru. Plastic box of stuff under the bunk.
Thanks again.

That sure looks like a 34 to me. Should run good with that Yanmar.

You'll find lots of information on the Yahoo Mainship Group site.

:socool:

Welcome. Lots of good info for you from the TF experts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom