SS chain and fitments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And how about a link to Rocna or Manson for a stainless steel anchor that will really complete the package. That kind of ground tackle would cost a significant percentage of my boat's worth. But if you got it, flaunt it, particularly that shiny SS anchor on your bow that probably never gets wet ;-).

David

Greetings,
Mr. dj. I never mentioned the "A" word. It was in the link. I suspect there are other uses for SS chain and fitments other than...Well, you know...

Last edited:
But if you got it, flaunt it, particularly that shiny SS anchor on your bow that probably never gets wet ;-).

David

LOL, Mine gets wet...SS is nice (Chain and anchor)! Not sure I'd pay for it if it didn't come with the boat though!

IMG_0153-vi.jpg

Mine gets wet too. Buuuut I must admit the PO paid for it and never once let it touch the water.

It is a commonly held view here, our largest chandlery(Whitworths) catalogue has a warning:
"Stainless steel chain is not recommended for anchoring as it can work harden the chain which can make it susceptible to cracking"
Seems highly contradictory they even sell the stuff, I assume they are just protecting their butt. Even so, is there something to it, what do people think, what experience with ss chain have you had, seen, heard about?

If you have money, someone has a way for you to spend it. That was my first thought. I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would spend it on SS rode.

. "I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would spend it on SS rode."

It matches the anchor and looks great in the slip.

If ever used its replaced after third wetting.

Seems it would be like a motorcycle--have to wash and wax it every time you use it.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom