View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #462
jmcdboater

City: Isleton, CA
Vessel Name: Jim'N'I III
Vessel Model: 1990 Sea Ray 440 Aft Cabin
So frgeorgeh,
How has it all gone? I had not seen this thread before or I would have responded sooner. My lovely wife & I were livin' in the friggin' desert.... Tucson, AZ? My wife and I had planned to live aboard when I retired...another four years from now.
THEN, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. That changed everything. Modern medicine says there is a genetic link, albeit a very small one with Parkinson's. But it was enough, my wife said she was concerned how long we might be able to live that dream if her physicality begins to be compromised. So, here we are 17 months later..... Moved all of our stuff (materialism) into storage, quit my job in Tucson, rented the house. Threw a few things into a small Uhaul, drove to Georgous Benicia, slightly inland off the San Francisco Bay, on the Carquinez Strait, and moved aboard. Got a new job here, doing the same thing, a 50% raise, life is really good! Living tomorrow's dream today. I know I'm a VERY lucky guy, my wife loved being a homemaker, but she is having the time of our life, as am I!
Anyway, I sincerely hope it's going as well for you three as for us. We have 2 Yorkies aboard to keep us company.
jmcdboater
jmcdboater is offline   Reply With Quote