Heading for the Broken Island, Broughton Group this summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshanafelt

Vessel Name
Isobel K
Vessel Make
37' Custom Pilothouse
Our plan for this summer has us in the Broughtons from July 11th to Aug 5 - approximately.

Desolation area Aug 8-16 - approximately

Any one else gonna be cruising up that way?* Perhaps some sort of a TF happy hour?

bshanafelt:

3 or 4 weeks in that area should allow you to visit a lot of very nice anchorages, if that is of interest to you.* If you prefer staying at docks, they are close enough together, to allow you quite a few opportunities, to get into some good Canadian beer in an afternoon and\or evening.

Have you been up this way often?* Where do you plan to visit?*

We finally got moved into our new Sechelt home, and the telephone, cable, and internet have been connected, so life is getting back to normal, and normal for me includes some quality time on the B.C.\Alaska waterways during the summer.* We will get the Income Tax turned in tomorrow, and then get the boat ready for as much summer travel as we can squeeze in before October.

We will pass through Johnstone Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait in both directions, and almost certainly run Havannah Channel and Chatham Channel in one dirction at least.* "Stalwyn" on 16 will be on the lookout for you, if we pass through at the times you have indicated.

OS

Hi OS,

We will be at anchor 90% of the time. Although I plan to stop in for some of the various 'happy hour' days at some of the resorts/marina's.

We monitor 16 while cruising, hail us as Isobel K.

Hope to run in to you this summer.

We will be out lots. So far no planning as to where. Our usual summer vacation over the past 30+ years has included a couple of weeks in desolation over 25 times, so that is very likely going to happen again. This year I will take more time, as I am retiring June 30th!
Will listen for Isobel K and for Stalwyn.

Our hail is "Retreat"

Back
Top Bottom