Bad docking day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arguing over which Windows is better is like arguing over which model Yugo is better....

Wifey B: Yugo Cabrio 1.3 EFI with an automatic electro-hydraulic folding/raising roof mechanism

Wifey B: Try alt 0176. ° 78°. Make sure num lock is on. On some laptops have to use left alt key, not right.

Now it works. Thanks! ° ° °

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin
Arguing over which Windows is better is like arguing over which model Yugo is better....
:iagree:.............:hide:

:iagree:.............:hide:

Snobs unite! :thumb: :rofl: :facepalm: :lol:

Have you ever noticed that some products have a general, but not universal, divide in political alignment?

Liberals: Toyota Prius, Subaru, Apple-anything, multiple auto bumper stickers

Conservatives: Ford trucks, Android and other non-Apple devices and computers,

What's with that? I can almost see the Prius attachment, but many conservatives own non-Prius hybrids. Apple got a big launch in academic circles, an area long dominated by liberals, so perhaps the association continues.

Let's not turn this into a bash contest, but perhaps others have noticed the same thing in other products. I'll split this into another thread on Off Topic if needed.

Goodnight, from bad docking to pathetic operating systems. This thread has everything.

Don't forget that Prius drivers have sorry looking refrigerators like this too.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432577285.952578.jpg

Have you ever noticed that some products have a general, but not universal, divide in political alignment?

What's with that? I can almost see the Prius attachment, but many conservatives own non-Prius hybrids. Apple got a big launch in academic circles, an area long dominated by liberals, so perhaps the association continues.

Let's not turn this into a bash contest, but perhaps others have noticed the same thing in other products. I'll split this into another thread on Off Topic if needed.

Republicans and democrats are usually discernible by mode of dress and hair style.

Crack heads and drunks are usually discernible by skin color and amount of tooth decay.

Cops off duty display their training by eye movement as locations change.

Truck drivers usually have left arm tanner than right.

Employed concrete workers often have dry split skin on finger tips and hands.

Cigarette smokers may cough and have yellowed teeth/fingernails.

Gay radar often works because that type of internal intent may exude in body portion movements as well as voice patterns.

Over or incorrect eaters can be easily identified; as too can in-shape people be recognized.

Funny how most people wear their badges simply by how their mind makes their life evolve... and their daily actions therefore result.

PS: Politicians can usually be easily recognized by having what their lips move for producing words with completely different meanings and outcomes.

Just sayen! :dance:

Funny...there's a bunch of Republicans AND Democrats in the military...and all of them look alike....

Come to think of it there are plenty of gays too.

Wow... lots of characteristics of all types in those who all tend to look alike and shift their eyes in certain environments...

My hands were always dry and cracked after ocean survival training.....

Just like most things in boating...can't tell hardly anything from anything else...or even a majority of similar opinions....:D

Funny...there's a bunch of Republicans AND Democrats in the military...and all of them look alike....

Come to think of it there are plenty of gays too.

Wow... lots of characteristics of all types in those who all tend to look alike and shift their eyes in certain environments...

My hands were always dry and cracked after ocean survival training.....

Just like most things in boating...can't tell hardly anything from anything else...or even a majority of similar opinions....:D

:thumb: :dance:

But, in here....we all have a love for boating, boats, water, and the camaraderie that comes with it...isn't that enough? Do the politics really matter? Not to me.

Actually I don't see it much anymore where people just fit perfectly under a label. Maybe it's our friends and those we spend time with. I know my wife and I sure don't fit patterns.

How about a place for independent thinkers? It amazes me how anyone can agree with one party or one politician 100% of the time and the number of votes in Congress that follow party lines. It's like the person rated to vote liberal or conservative 100% of the time. Don't they know how to think for themselves? Don't they have any conflict of thoughts?

Now, my Windows and Android and non-Apple heritage doesn't come from my political or social leanings. It comes from a business background which was and is dominated by Windows. Now in the internet age, a lot of Linux. Another reason I went Android long ago was the number of web sites using Flash which iPhone's and Pad's can't handle.

I laugh at some of the perceptions. All businessmen are conservative Republicans...lol. How do you explain the supreme businessman of our time, Warren Buffett, then.

Of course, I was just speaking in generalizations. You're right, many of us...perhaps most of us...don't fit neatly into one category or another.

And there seems to be an inordinate number of Prius drivers going well below the average freeway speed in the left lane! What's up with that? :hide:

My Windows and Android and non-Apple heritage doesn't come from my political or social leanings. It comes from a business background which was and is dominated by Windows.

BINGO! :thumb:

As I communicate with Sandia, UCB, ASU, LightWorks and many other organizations... Windows is the baby I need to have. I tried Apple briefly some years ago. Not to my liking. Apple guru's were stumped as to how some communication hurdles could be overcome... in reality - they simply couldn't! :nonono:

And there seems to be an inordinate number of Prius drivers going well below the average freeway speed in the left lane! What's up with that? :hide:

They drive in the left lane with their right turn indicator flashing too yet never seem to go that direction...

Hmmm, if we could only find a Prius driving slow boater. No no, that's silly. Only a fast boater could fit that description.

Wifey B: Fast boater here....do you picture me driving a Prius? No thanks. I do drive a car with a name that starts with P. Is that close enough?

Wifey B: Fast boater here....do you picture me driving a Prius? No thanks. I do drive a car with a name that starts with P. Is that close enough?

Pinto?:)

Wifey B: I don't think I've ever actually seen a Peugeot in person and only one time saw a Citroen. It was stuck on a curb where it parked. The Peugeot RCZ looks sort of cool. They don't sell either brand in the US do they? This is such an educational site making me look stuff like that up.

Actually my parents had a Pinto, Oliver. It didn't catch on fire and explode or anything. They bought it old and very used. They stopped making those things about when I was born.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
And there seems to be an inordinate number of Prius drivers going well below the average freeway speed in the left lane!
I've noticed that too but I've been spending quite a bit of time with an old friend who is having difficulty selling his boat. We've tried just about everything but can't get it passed the surveyor.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• jack Post.jpg
    jack Post.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 60

Hope it's a Porsche, not a Pontiac.

Wifey B: I don't think I've ever actually seen a Peugeot in person and only one time saw a Citroen. It was stuck on a curb where it parked. The Peugeot RCZ looks sort of cool. They don't sell either brand in the US do they? This is such an educational site making me look stuff like that up.

Actually my parents had a Pinto, Oliver. It didn't catch on fire and explode or anything. They bought it old and very used. They stopped making those things about when I was born.

Well I was close enough! I thought you liked them Yugos or maybe that was Hubby B.

I've found when owning a boat a pickup truck is best. Note- I don't own a boat.

Hope it's a Porsche, not a Pontiac.

Wifey B: I still can't believe they killed Pontiac. How can you keep Buick over Pontiac? Buick? Really? Buick? Buick never built excitement. I mean how many Buick models come to mind?

Wifey B: I still can't believe they killed Pontiac. How can you keep Buick over Pontiac? Buick? Really? Buick? Buick never built excitement. I mean how many Buick models come to mind?

Wildcat - The Luxury Muscle Car! :dance:

Maybe not a lot of excitement, but a few models were kind of elegant in their day . . . like my Dad's Roadmaster.

Wifey B: I don't think I've ever actually seen a Peugeot in person and only one time saw a Citroen. It was stuck on a curb where it parked. The Peugeot RCZ looks sort of cool. They don't sell either brand in the US do they?
No Peugeot or Citroen sold in US? You are missing out. The RCZ is cool, so is my Peugeot 508GT. Europe beckons, take a plane, 8 hours for you, at least 22 for us, but we get there most years.
Now what was this thread about? Oh yes....

No Peugeot or Citroen sold in US? .

They stopped in 91. They were only selling like 4,000 and the cost of complying with bumper regulations and crash testing wasn't worth it for that. Renault had already dropped the US. They were also typically the 3rd or 4th or even 5th brand a dealer carried. I did work with a man who owned a Peugeot. He apparently bought it 3 months before they announced they were leaving the market. For some reason he became convinced that it's value would go up. Instead, after the announcement you couldn't sell one. The dealer had some remaining and sold them at huge discounts. I do remember the car rode great but I also remember it being parked for a couple of months waiting for parts. Last I knew he still owned the car.

Peugeot have been in Australia since 1950, continuously, steady not big sellers, began by competing in 10,000 mile round Australia reliability trials, earned a reputation by beating GM, Ford, and English makes,year after year. Citroen are low volume, Renault here now, have come and gone,(I was in Renault Car Club), they make some amazing hot hatches these days. Car production is ceasing here, volume is uneconomic, but our range of imports is huge.
Oh, and docking. Cars hold position as you set up for a reverse park, unlike boats. But,now on a marina and learning the joys of reverse parking, slow, steady, in gear-out of gear,nibbling away, correcting, adjusting progressing.... glad I didn`t have to learn on FRGs first slip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom