Spring Fling Port Arthur 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimer2

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Baobab
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
Spring fling 2015 this Memorial weekend in Port Arthur (Pleasure Island). Are the Houston folk coming up again this year?

Ahhhh..ok…right…not the Port Arthur in Tasmania. That's an historic ex-prison establishment which would definitely not be described as Pleasure Island - anything but, to the convicts sent there in the 17-1800s. Sorry, do carry on...

Pete, I would have had to leave about 3 months ago and with my 500 mile range would need to be accompanied by a fuel barge. Otherwise sounds like a nice weekend destination :)

So, who's gonna be at the Spring Fling, and when? My boat's still on the hard in Rockport, but I plan on driving to Pleasure Island either today, Friday or tomorrow...look around, maybe catch a seminar/class or two...just be around boats....8-10 more days before mine splashes.

Wyboater, we arrived yesterday, just as the winds let loose. Maxed out around 30 kts which made docking interesting for everyone. We are here through Sunday or Monday and are located on White dock, slip 7, about as far away from the Flemings as they could get me LOL. Stop by if you get a chance. We are in the Bayliner.

Ok, will do..either today or tomorrow...looking forward to it.

The sailing contingent left Galverston at 06:00 and are racing (offshore) to Pleasure island today. The leaders are scheduled to arrive around 13:00. As an ex sailor, I plan on watching the end. There are several seminars that I will be attending, there is a wide range of topics this year. There is also a greet and meet type affair (happy hour) this evening. A total of 128 boats are registered so should be some interesting dock walks.

Did the sailboats ever find the place? Had fun today, plan on going back tomorrow am and attending a couple of the seminars. Good meeting you and the Mrs, Blue

The same to you and lovely wife. Sailboats were still showing up at midnight (when we went to bed). They had 6 ft sea and east (head) winds the whole way. I think some of them are ready to buy trawlers LOL

LOL! Great.....I think I know a guy who might be putting a Jarvis up for sale soon? Could be an excellent opportunity to grab a sailor type in a weak moment!

Just an FYI for those attending. Tornado warning in the Houston area expires at 0715 this am...severe storms heading east from the League City/Houston area now.

According to NOAA, Beaumont is also looking like 90% chance of heavy rain/thunderstorms all day today and Memorial day.

Yeah, only a few of the larger sailboats left this morning. There looks like a break around 10:00 tomorrow when we will make a run for it. Lots of people thinking of leaving their boats here and coming back for them next weekend. Probably a wise decision.

Good thinkin...it's not pouring here in Beaumont, but, pretty dark and raining BIG drops...just gives you the feeling it's gonna cut loose eventually.

It just arrived 38 - 42 Kts on the beam. Doesn't look but about an hours worth on radar....nice clean boat :)

Kewl on the clean boat! Free wash jobs be goooooooooooooooood

Looks like you folk heading east towards Beaumont might have a break in the weather this am.....but this afternoon it all starts again...Oh Boy!

We are home. Safe and sound....another great weekend, boating, seminars, kewl boats and new friends! Gotta love it!

Good to know, glad you made it and DITTO to all! We had a GREAT time.....of course, would've been even greater if our boat was there, but you two are very gracious hosts. We appreciated every minute aboard.

Back
Top Bottom