Euro type flush mount deck shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I'm looking at changing out my shower faucet and shower head . We have a small shower area in the head and yes the toilet is in the same area . The space is tight and I'm wanting to add a flush mount shower hose with flush mixing valve , like a scanvick euro style . This would give us about 7 more inches in the shower area than we have now and that's a bunch in a very small head . Has anyone used one of these for their permanent shower system? I know they are for a deck system . I have the room behind the bulkhead to put in a flush mount system. Any suggestions on model or brand that might work best ?

Marty I've never used one but the Scandvik shower hardware looks to be good quality. I think the one you're talking about is usually mounted in the cockpit to rinse off after swimming. If they deliver 2.5 gallons per minute or better I think they would work well in your situation.

Thanks Parks . Are you a dealer for them? I want to make sure that the door that covers mixer and shower head will open all the way and lay flush against bulkhead .

Scandvik is very high quality. I wouldn't hesitate to use their products. A flush mount unit should work fine for what you want to do.

I believe Scandivik bought Grohe as all our faucets are Grohe but are exact copies of the Scandivik line. None the less, they make some very nice stuff.

Hi Marty, I was wondering if the door would drop down flat on the bulk head as well. I think I've got one in stock. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

I'm looking at changing out my shower faucet and shower head . We have a small shower area in the head and yes the toilet is in the same area . Any suggestions on model or brand that might work best ?

Marty...
Here's a couple of possible solutions...
Clean & simple - no door and stores nearly out of sight.
Whale Twist® Deck Shower with integrated Temperature and Flow Controls

I'm assuming the head sink is close - if so would one of these work providing double duty.
Whale Elegance Shower Range

7more inches in the head . Don't be ugly guys . Finally got this installed . Bought it from Hopcar . Thanks for your help with this Parks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 104
A pic with it closed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 96
Marty, looks good. What is it that you mounted it on? Is it covering an existing hole?

Starboard . I had to cover up holes from previous shower faucet .There were three holes , hot , cold and shower . I know it looks a little goofy but that's what it needed to cover the holes.

Last edited:
Marty I've never used one but the Scandvik shower hardware looks to be good quality. I think the one you're talking about is usually mounted in the cockpit to rinse off after swimming. If they deliver 2.5 gallons per minute or better I think they would work well in your situation.

ummm, not wanting to veer off topic too much here.. but seriously? 2.5 gallons? a minute? As liveaboards, we do very well with a 1GPM shower head and have no complaints... means filling the water tank a lot less too.. Don't you dare let my wife hear that number!

Back
Top Bottom