Adverc alternator controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshalaska

Vessel Name
Nowitna and Serenade
Vessel Make
Schucker and 46 foot Ted Brewer custom sailboat
Anyone with experience with British Adverc alternator controller?
Their billed as kind of bomb proof. I think they can be had from Beta Marine here in the US.

Funnily enough, I'm just about to install one: twin with 2 x 90A Bosch alternators, and I want to send the combined output to my 880Ah House bank (starter bank is charged via Blue Sea ACR).

I'll post my progress.

Good luck on your project MV Content!
If I my how much did you pay for the Adverc unit and where did you buy it?

My engine 62 HP yanmar with I think 80 amp hitachi alternator, with the boat electrical load, just doesn't seem to get the job done very well. My battery banks are all golf cart battery's, bank 1 about 220 amp hours and bank 2 around 660 amp hours. I do have solar panels but these often do not help much in cloudy SE Alaska weather and I plan on installing a wind generator and again often times not much wind at anchor.
I'm hoping the Adverc would get my the alternator to work harder, which is an internally regulated automotive type regulator.
Anyway trying to get some info before I precede buying the Adverc controller.

Hi, I have had an Adverc fitted for around 15 years and found it to be an excellent piece of kit with no problems. You can buy them direct from Adverc, or I believe they now have an American agent.
freshalaska
A normal automotive battery charger won't do the job because it's machine sensed and you need a pulse charged battery sensed system.
The original concept was invented by a Swedish television engineer who kept having battery problems, it was marketed originally as the TWC (his initials) alternator controller.
Adverc bought the patent and improved it, it's very well proven and very effective.
I've no connection with them except as a very satisfied customer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom