Great Anchorage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hickers

Vessel Name
Bluechip 3
Vessel Make
Clipper 45
After 9 months of ownership we are getting to know our boat and the Broadwater and Moreton Bay and enjoying the warmth and sunshine.

Last weekend we joined the Clipper Regatta spending Friday night at the Dux anchorage and heading north to Kooringal for the weekend. What a lovely spot, sheltered from any westerly winds, nice beach with a gazebo and even a bar close by.

Fun getting in with no marked entrance and access at high tide only. We had .7 of a metre under the keel on the way in (draft 1.22 m). One of our group of 9 ran aground after getting caught by the tide while held up in the entrance queue but the Clipper chase boat soon had them on the way again.

Of course the tide determined our departure time on Sunday which meant a high speed dash back to Sanctuary Cove so we could make our flight back home. Melbourne delivered with cold, wind and rain! Can't wait until we can start our planned east coast cruise in August staring with the Clipper Cruise to Fraser Island, after that we will go where the weather takes us on a promise of no more winters for a year or two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 134
Welcome aboard Hickers. Love your boat. One I could only dream about, but at least I have the advantage weather wise in that we live near Moreton Bay.

I received the invitation re that recent Clipper rendezvous, and was tempted, but didn't really have the time, and anyway my 34 would never keep up with all you big guys, so we'd have been coming in last with everyone waiting every leg.

Gee, I like that new Hudson Bay Clipper 43 that Brett Thurley emailed us about this morning. Did you get that? Yours would be of the Cordova series, I believe..?

Cheers,

Hi Peter, yes I did see the email from Brett, nice boat.

For most of the trip speed was around 8/9 knots. We cranked it for the trip back and Max cruise on the cummins was about 16/17 knots at 2700 rpm and 110 lph. Normally we run at 7.5 knots for 12/15 lph!!

Ours is the Cordova 45 and we are very pleased overall and love the walk around decks and side door!

See you out there.

Hickers,
When in August are you heading north.
The Clipper cruise and the Riveria Kindergarten usually overnight in Mooloolaba before heading up to cross the the bar.
If I am home we may catch up.
Cheers
Benn

The Clipper cruise is scheduled to depart Goldcoast on the 28th of August so soon after then I think. It would be good to catch up before we head off exploring on our own. Finish work June 30th so getting closer to delivering on our escape plan!

Dam , looks like I get home from work on about the 2 nd Aug.
never know weather may bring things together.

Back
Top Bottom