View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: Getting Your Partner to Like Boating

First of all, I want to appologize to MarineTrader.* I did not mean to high jack your thread.* It is a great disccussion I would like to see continue.

That being said, I know that "they" are out to get me, but "they" have been out to get me for so long that I no longer give "they" any thought.

I and my late first mate took both the Aux. and USPS basic public boating courses.* No, while the Aux. wore uniforms, I did not detect a militaristic attitude.* They were courteous and informative.* I have taught and been course chairman for the USPS boating course.* Basically, there was very little difference.* The main difference was that at USPS we had a live, hands on*fire extinguisher demonstration and an afternoon on the water.* There we demonstrated some of what we talked.* The Aux. course that I took did not do either, but may now.

Carey, I always recommend either course without reservation.* I make no distinction between the quality.* We are all trying to accomplish the same thing-----safer boating through education.* Long live both organizations.
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote