Narrowing The Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacks88

Veteran Member
We've eliminated several styles and decided that a trawler style is our best fit. After looking at several makes/models in the water and online we've started to focus our search on the flush deck DeFevers of various sizes. Got stabilizers at the top of the requirements list for the admiral. Now it's time to find the right one.

Thanks for all the advice.

Good choice on a Defever; you get a lot of boat for the buck. If you haven't been there already, Defever Cruisers' site is a good one and their Yahoo forum, although a bit clunky to use, is a gold mine of information from knowledgeable, eager-to-help owners. We bought ours through Curtis Stokes, who specializes in Defevers, and were very pleased with his professionalism and integrity.

If I were to replace my Willard 40 with another boat the DeFever 44 would be at the top of my last. (Particularly if boating in a warmer climate.) True, twin engines and a semi-displacement hull but I love the spacious interior with full width aft cabin and nothing compares to that walk-in engine room!

Back
Top Bottom